Do not show password after user registered

Hi,

I've an idea:

If user typed own password, do not show it later in welcome email and on website. Including if I use "Remove Email Verification" plugin.
Except if user not typed any password.

Thanks,
Feriman

• Sajid

Hi @Ferenc! Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Thanks for the suggestions and feedback. I am moving this thread in "Features and Feedback" forum so our developers can see it and add (if possible) in next version of this plugin based on its popularity amongst our other valuable members.

I am also flagging SLS (Second Level Support) to find a workaround (if possible) and to get their valuable feedback on this matter. Because they work on complex threads, so their response time may be slower than normal support.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Feriman,

Thank you for your patience here.

You can remove the password from welcome email by editing the welcome email format on the following path as shown in the attached screenshot.

Network Admin Area -> Settings -> Welcome User Email

You can hide the user name and password displayed on the user activation page wp-activate.php as shown in the second attached screenshot by using the attached small plugin.

Alternatively you can redirect users from wp-activate.php page to any custom page by adding the following line of code in the wp-config.php file of your WordPress install

define('SUNRISE', 'on');

And then create a file sunrise.php containing the following code and save this file in the wp-content directory of your WordPress install.

<?php
    if (preg_match("/(.*)(wp-activate\.php)/",$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'],$matches))  {
    	if (strlen($matches[1]) > 1) {
    		header("Location: http://$_SERVERHTTP_HOST");
    		exit;
    	}
    }

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.