Do pro site and m2 plugins work well?

Do pro site and m2 plugins work well in a multisite?

Does m2, pro site and marketpress work on multisite network?

Any notes or info on making these work togethet?

• Nithin

Hi Lee,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

You'll have to configure each plugin separately, as the both plugins functionalities are different from each other, for example payment gateways you would have to configure it desperately. Pro sites would be where the sites, are created and paid, and Membership 2 plugin could be used more for protecting your contents. But if you are looking for an integration I'm afraid there isn't any integration available at the moment.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you still need any further help. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Lee

thanks for reply.

1. I know out of box they are different would not need 2 plugins.

2. Technically will they work on the same sites without problems?

3. Could m2 memberships be configured to replace pro site plugin? Maybe need to manually make a user a site admin who has purchased a certain membership level say called "Site owner"?

I am not looking to allow 100's of people to be able to purchase a site on my multisite. My main interest is to allow some paying members to run a limited feature/function subsite on my multisite.

• Rupok

Hi Lee, hope you had a wonderful day.

2. Technically will they work on the same sites without problems?

Yes, technically they should work on the same site without problems.

3. Could m2 memberships be configured to replace pro site plugin? Maybe need to manually make a user a site admin who has purchased a certain membership level say called "Site owner"?

I don't think so. Membership 2 Pro works site by site. So as soon as you create a new site for a user manually, it creates a new instance for Membership 2 Pro. You can try Network wide Membership, but I think that won't help much. Having Pro Sites can give you huge control over multiple user-based sites which is not the main purpose of Membership 2 Pro.

Please let us know if you have any further confusion. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Lee

Thanks for the reply.

I am concerned that m2 and pro sites will get complicated and have some conflict along the way. Do you know if anyone is using m2 and pro sites on the same multisite with success? I have not used these plugins just tested around in them.

I read thru this https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/auto-assign-user-roles-membership-2/#
    and it seemed that you could setup a memberships that would allow fine grain control over what a membership could do on a specific site.

So I thought setup a multisite site as a template. Add themes, plugins and membership(S) that allow that membership to control a site similar to pro sites.

Then anytime you get a new membership registered call it "membership like a pro site" signs up I can clone the template site over to the new site and they are ready to go with the limits m2 has set?. I thought up this idea from reading https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/auto-assign-user-roles-membership-2/#

I am ok with manual step. Not looking at 100s to sign up maybe a few per week. Its a very niche multisite not an Etsy but I suppose it could be and I would get surprised.

IS there really a difference between a pro site and a site on a multisite network?
    thank you

• Ash

Hello Lee

I hope you are doing good.

Pro Site and Membership is complete different, there purpose is different, you can't replace one with another.

Pro Site is like a controller over the full network. You can create levels in pro site, add different features in different level and then assign a level to a subsite. Once a subsite is under a pro site level, that subsite can use the corresponding features.

And membership is to protect your content. Unlike membership, it can be used per subsite or on all over the network, but only to protect content. You can create several membership and protect content adding to a membership, then a member from a certain membership will have access to that content.

If you want to create a template subsite and copy that template while creating a new site, then you will need New Blog Template plugin: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/new-blog-template/

This plugin allows you to create several templates, then when you create a new subsite, select a template and you will get a new site as a replica of that template site.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash

• Lee

Am I miss understanding m2? I am expecting to set up memberships that access all sites in the network not just members access in one site?

i thought this was setting up on group of members to access all sites.

protection rules network-wide, you’ll need to first add the following constant to your wp-config.php file:
    define( 'MS_PROTECT_NETWORK', true );

You can then set up protection rules from your network admin for every site in your network

• Nithin

Hi Lee,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Did you look at the link https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/auto-assign-user-roles-membership-2/# With addons it sure looks like m2 protects more than content.

These features are more towards when M2 is worked upon without Pro sites. In Pro sites when you create a new account, the user is automatically being assigned an admin level to their own website, that's how multisite works, and hence user roles doesn't comes into play when set in M2 Plugin. Since there isn't any integration between these two plugins, I'm afraid, the only use case when it comes to Membership 2 is accessing limits, and Pro sites providing features to their users.

Am I miss understanding m2? I am expecting to set up memberships that access all sites in the network not just members access in one site?

When M2 plugin is network activated, using the MS_PROTECT_NETWORK constant in wp-config.php, you are enabling network wide protection, that means you can enable content protection under Network admin > Membership 2 . If the above constant is not defined you'll have to set protection rules under each sites dashboard. I could see there is an issue with the plugin when network wide protection is enabled, I have pinged the developer for a hot fix, and will keep you updated once I get a patched version regarding this.

Please let me know if I had missed out anything, so that we could help get this sorted. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.