Do users get an email when a new comment is posted or replied to?

does this plugin notify a user when their comment has been replied too and whem someone else leaves a comment on the post?

If not....what would be a good solution/plugin to accomplish this with buddypress in mind?

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya!

It doesn't, but then neither does WordPress itself.

You'll want to look at adding a plugin like Subscribe to Comments to enable that.

I haven't used that with Comments Plus yet so I can't guarantee it'll be compatible I'm afraid, but let me know how you get on.

Note also that as Twitter doesn't give us an e-mail address there's no way to send an e-mail notification.

Thanks,
    Phil

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey ivn.

We haven't heard form you on this in a while. So I'm going to presume your all fixed up now and don't need any further assistance.

However if you have more questions or need some more help then please feel free to respond in this thread or create a new one and we will be more than happy to offer assistance. :slight_smile:

Take care.

• dehayst
    • Flash Drive

I shot an email over at wpmu.org about this too, so if they respond I'll post it here. However, on their blog they're doing this. Can you guys share what's being done there? They offer a notify checkbox for follow-up comments as well as an option to sign up without commenting by email.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings,

Just checking in to see if the specific issues reported in this thread regarding the Comments Plus plugin have successfully been resolved with the last update from the 10th?

Please advise if you are still experiencing these issues or not.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings dehayst,

Due to the lack of replies from everyone it is pretty clear that this is a stumper and at minimum a feature request.

Thanks for bringing this up, it certainly sounds like a useful customization to the plugin.
    Unfortunately, as we both know it is not currently available - but we would love to put it into consideration for future development

It might take a bit longer than useful. However, alternatively, you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute.

Cheers, Joe

• dehayst
    • Flash Drive

No worries. I'm just surprised that there wasn't even a staff comment at least saying that this inquiry is too difficult to explain, or too easy, or otherwise. It's not like it's a random inquiry. This is being done on the wpmu.org site right now with the plugin :wink: HA. I thought you guys ran that site.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings dehayst,

We do run that site .... lol but not the support team.

It is no telling whom did the custom coding if in fact that is what it is, and even if that individual is still with us.

In the last couple of months there has been a large turnover of personnel here at WPMU Dev due to success, we have outgrown the original mandate of the support team and developer team and some cannot or will not adjust to the growing demand. Look at the original replier to this ticket for example - gone.

However, your feature request has been recorded and if there is enough demand for it the development team will certainly consider its implementation.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.