Do you have a plugin for that ?

Hi,

I have a few websites offering online services, 4 actually.

Do you have a plugin that can allow a user who is registered on one of the 4 website to log in to other websites of the network without having to register again ?

The 4 websites are separated WP installation, not working in a WPMU network.

Thank you !

• Derek
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Try this man:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wordpress-user-synchronization/

This plugin allows you to create a central site that the user can register and the user´s information are “shared” with the other 3 sites.

I don´t know if it´s what you need, but it works very well.

If what you need is a plugin to do the opposite (multiple sites send users to one) this plugin unfortunately does not do this…

Good luck!

Derek

• mililaw
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

That sounds good.

Only one site can be the master site. What I want : if a user registers on one of the 4 sites he is registered on all sites.

So…

It seems that I have to create a site number 5 and make this site the master site.

The 4 sites are all sub sites.

The register pages of all 4 sites are redirected to the master site registration page.

The registration is without email validation, after registration the user is redirected to a page where he can choose wich site of the 4 he wants to visit.

Will this plugin be working with ultimate facebook ? If a user registers with facebook on the master site, he will be registered on sub site ?

Thank you very much for precious help !

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again @mililaw

Very good questions!

1). Yes, users must register on your master site in order to be synched with the sub-sites. So your idea is a good one :slight_smile:

2). As Facebook registration effectively creates a new user on your site, I don’t see any reason why it should not work. Best way to find out in situations like this is to try it out :slight_smile:

Please let us know how you get on with this, or if you need more assistance.

Thanks!

• mililaw

To follow up !

I chose one of my website to be the master site.

On the functions.php sub site I’ve added this code :

<?php
    add_action('init','register_redirect');

function register_redirect(){
    global $pagenow;
    if( 'wp-login.php' == $pagenow ){
    if ( isset($_GET['action']) && $_GET['action']=='register') {
    wp_redirect('http://mymastersite/register');
    exit();
    }
    }
    }
    ?>

So user can login or logout in sub site but not register. To register he is directed to master site and then registrating on the all network. It seems to be working…

What do you think ?

Maybe there could be an option in the synch plugin “only allow registration on master site.” ?

I didn’t yet check if this is working with ultimate facebook regictration on master site.

• mililaw

Ok, it’s working with Ultimate Facebook but on sub site the user has to login with facebook if he tries to log in with classic wordpress the facebook password isn’t synchronized and user cannot log in.

Is that normal with Ultimate Facebook Registration that a facebook registred user cannot login with classic wordpress login ? Or is that the fact of using Ultimate Facebook with synch user plugin ?

Thanks for your help !

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi @mililaw

Is that normal with Ultimate Facebook Registration that a facebook registred user cannot login with classic wordpress login?

Yes. If a user registers with Facebook, they must login with their Facebook credentials.

If they want to login via the WordPress login they must be registered via WP.

• mililaw

Yes, I understand that, it’s logical actually.

If one registers on a master site he can access to all sub sites with his WP credentials and he can “by default” access all sites with his FB credentials.

Can a person creates with the same email adress or/and the same username a WP account and register with FB account ? In this case FB account has the same password and mail than the WP account.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

@mililaw

I’m doing a bit of housekeeping by going through some older threads.

I noticed that this one is still open, and appears to have been dropped. Terribly sorry about that. :slight_frown:

The answer, if you haven’t already discovered, is yes. But they would still be 2 separate accounts.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.