Do you have a translation plugin, I thought I saw one but can't find it again.

Hi there, I’m looking for a plugin that can translation an english language site into arabic where needed. I thought you had a plugin that does this but I can’t find it again.

Can you help me?

Thanks

Cathie.

• CathieHeart
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks Patrick and ZenMaster!

I've tried to install these and I'm failing.

I've copied all the .mo files into a folder called Languages and FTP'd it to the wp-content folder. I also uploaded the same folder to the plugins section of the install just as a 'just in case' thing and it still doesn't show up.

However I don't have a WordPress MU install so I cannot do the 'network activate' .. so how do I active it?

I have just a single wordpress install and I'd like for every single page on the website to be able to click and button and convert the english text into arabic. That's the only language I really want to work right now.

However I can't see the any settings where I can select them.

Has anyone installed Languages for a single wordpress install instead of a wordpress mu install?

Thanks

Cathie.

• Gabe
    • The Bug Hunter

I’ve copied all the .mo files into a folder called Languages and FTP’d it to the wp-content folder. I also uploaded the same folder to the plugins section of the install just as a ‘just in case’ thing and it still doesn’t show up.

Hello, you can delete the one you uploaded to your plugins folder, you only need the .mo files in your wp-content/languages folder.

However I don’t have a WordPress MU install so I cannot do the ‘network activate’ .. so how do I active it?

You should be able to activate it in the regular Plugins menu.

Has anyone installed Languages for a single wordpress install instead of a wordpress mu install?

I haven’t tried this plugin for a single site installation, but it says it’s WordPress 3.4.2 compatible, so it should work for single site as well. Try enabling the plugin again as explained above and let us know what you find. It should appear in the Settings > General menu under Site Language.

Hope this helps.

• CathieHeart
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Gabe,

There is no ‘plugin’ to activate so I’ve made you a small video to show you what is happening behind the scenes.

Nothing I’m doing is working to ‘activate’ it. I even had it as a copy within the plugin directory, I’ve done is as a straight install with all the files, not just the .mo ones and that didn’t work.

So the plugin state’s is works with single installs but has no guidance for that setup. So I NEED your help!

Thanks

Cathie.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.