Do you have any plugins that do what The Custom Facebook Feed plugin does?

Can the ultimate facebook plugin do what The Custom Facebook Feed plugin does?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello @salsasteve,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question.

Our Ultimate Facebook plugin allows users to login with their Facebook account, lets you autopost, implement comment mirroring, one-click registration, like and share buttons, open graph, use Facebook avatars, share albums, display recent Facebook activity feed and a heap of widgets. This is a great bunch of features that make this plugin pretty complete solution for Facebook integration.

The Custom Facebook Plugin however, from what I can see, is based on slightly different idea. That being said I'm pretty sure that our plugin can do even more than this one but I wouldn't think of it as a direct replacement. It's just a different app that should fullfill almost every aspect of Facebook integration.

Cheers,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello @salsasteve,

I hope you're well today and I apologize for the delay on my side. I had my off-days after my last post and due to some unexpected circumstances I didn't have a chance to get back to you. That being said, I'm sorry for keeping you waiting all that long.

To setup a facebook page's feed in your page please follow these steps (assuming that you've already configured the Ultimate Facebook plugin to connect with Facebook):

1) In your dashboard go to the "Facebook" -> "Widget pack" page and scroll down until you'll see a Facebook Like Box widget option. Activate it and save settings (see image).
    2) Install and activate this free plugin from WP repository: amr shortcode any widget
    3. Go to "Appearance" -> "Widgets" page and drag the "Facebook Like Box" widget to the sidebar called "widgets for shortcode". In the widget's "Facebook page's url" field specify the URL of your Facebook page, adjust settings according to your needs (remember to check the "show stream" checkbox on) and save.
    4) Edit the page where you wish your feed to appear, switch to text mode and place this shortcode inside: [do_widget "Facebook Like Box"].

After saving the page should include the facebook's feed.

I hope that helped.

Regards,
    Adam

• salsasteve

Adam,

I had more or less given up on ever getting any further help. I'm hoping you can imagine what the user experience was like from my point of view when you basically dropped me down a hole, and why I'm finding it difficult to sympathise. As far as I could tell you had binned my request for help.

I therefore I was forced to delete ultimate(?) Facebook and purchase custom Facebook feed pro in order to resolve my issue. And before you congratulate me on resolving my issue please note that I am not happy that I had to buy elsewhere after I've already paid WPMU.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.