Do you provide any complete instructions for 'subscribe by email' ?

• rick_luttrell

Beginner Wordpress user here. I'd like to provide a method to notify those who sign up to be notified when a page changes or a new post is added to the website.
    I've installed the subscribe by email plug in and think it's configured properly but the things I don't under stand are:
    Autosubscribe: How can autosubscribe work if the user doesn't provide email adddr.?
    How to tell when to send/not send a notification email.
    How to send a notification email to those in the lilst.

thanks,
    -Rick

• rick_luttrell

Apparently I don't understand auto-subscribe so I don't know how to set this option.
    I'm going to assume that it should be set to manual. For my small personal site I don't have anything that anyone subscribes to. I'm trying to find a plugin/widget that will allow a user to subscribe to changes in page or posts on the site by simply supplying their email address. I'm not interested in the user having to register with first/last name to join anything.

Just a simple add their email, press the submit button and done. This part appears to be just what I had in mind.

Next:
    When a post/page is created how do I manage if an email is generated and sent to those in the subscribers list ?
    I assumed there would be some way to manage that.

thanks,
    rick

• aecnu

Greetings Rick,

The auto subscribe function just auto subscribes anyone who becomes a member of your blog or web site even if they do not fill in their email address in the widget which is placed in the widget area of your choice.

Those whom do not become a member but put their email into the widget box are also subscribed.

This plugin does not allow for a per post subscription but does send an email alerting the subscriber to every post and they can easily unsubscribe using the included unsubscribe link.

When a post/page is created how do I manage if an email is generated and sent to those in the subscribers list ?
    I assumed there would be some way to manage that.

Nope, it automatically notifies the subscribers, nothing more is needed to do except create the post itself.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.