Do You Use Jetpack or Google Analytics For Multisite?

Hi there,

I am just curious what plugin everyone uses for their multisite networks for website stats? I'd imagine the two popular choices would be jetpack and google analytics.

My concerns about jetpack is that there are so many "modules" that I don't use, will they cause bloat?

The only Jetpack modules I would use are stats, contact form, and custom CSS.

I could replace those with Google Analytics, Gravity Forms, and Simple Custom CSS. Gravity forms I will likely have network activated anyway.

Looking forward to hear what others use!

• PC

Hey there,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

I love jetpack personally but when it comes to stats only, I look no further than Google Analytics.

With the recent makeover it got its become awesome : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/google-analytics-for-wordpress-mu-sitewide-and-single-blog-solution/

My concerns about jetpack is that there are so many "modules" that I don't use, will they cause bloat?

Not until new modules are added. The only thing I hate is that they are activated by default and you would not notice them running in the background. So I manually disable everything which I do not use in Jetpack.

I could replace those with Google Analytics, Gravity Forms, and Simple Custom CSS. Gravity forms I will likely have network activated anyway.

Then I reckon you do not need Jetpack. So you have made the right choice as your demands are limited :slight_smile:

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers, PC

• Tyler Postle

@PC Thanks for your response! That is what I was kind of thinking, that since my demands are pretty limited that Jetpack might not be necessary.

Besides the modules I listed above are there any other modules in jetpack that you would recommend for a multisite network? I honestly have never really used any of the other modules, beginning to wonder if maybe Jetpack is more valuable than I think it is.

• PC

Hey there,

Sorry for the delay in response as I was away due to bad health and could not get back to this any sooner. Please accept my apologies for the uninformed delay and any inconvenience it may have caused.

Besides the modules I listed above are there any other modules in jetpack that you would recommend for a multisite network?

To be honest I would not recommend anything else as I have not personally used them. Jetpack if network activated, would allow the subsite admins to configure their own addons and they can add their subsites to their wordpress.com account.

Look for features here : http://jetpack.me/about/

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.