Documentation for Domain Mapping Plugin

Actually, this is about the Domain Mapping plugin again. The documentation for setting up this plugin seems to be out of date. In particular, there doesn't seem to be a way to configure the admin access setting using a drop down as shown in the docs. Is there a reference for the checkbox options anywhere I can read?

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello @KevDog

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

Currently we are working on creating interactive documentation for all our plugins and themes and are on top of it.

Apologies for any inconvenience in the mean time.

In particular, there doesn't seem to be a way to configure the admin access setting using a drop down as shown in the docs.

I have attached the screenshot to help you understand the options. Please feel free to ask any questions if its still unclear and I would provide more information as required.

Cheers, PC

• KevDog
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Sorry, I didn't see this email previously.

May I suggest some alternate language?

Eliminate the "The settings below..." lines from the page, they aren't needed if the directions are clear. Instead, I would say:

How should users reach the login page? Here are your options.

A. User's Domain: Users can go to usersite.mydomain.com/wp-admin OR userdomain.com/wp-admin

B. Mapped Domain: Users go to the domain they mapped (userdomain.com/wp-admin), with forwarding to the right URL if they enter usersite.mydomain.com instead.

C. Original Domain: Users go to usersite.mydomain.com

Users reach the admin section using: [dropdown]

Saying "The admin area is reached by..." is passive voice and harder to read.

If I've understood things correctly, this text is right. If I've misunderstood, where did I go wrong?

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Kev,

Thanks for the suggestion regarding the text.

I would certainly take that up for the future improvements and move it to the right section however, before we go ahead and do that, I wanted to know that you understood the options and got it working or not ?

Please advise.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.