Documentation/Specific instructions for Premium Themes?

Hi

I am trying to work out which is the best theme - and I really want to be able to access a manual specific to the Social and Blogs MU themes. Is there theme specific documentation anywhere? Maybe I'm being thick - but I can only find general theme installation instructions.

aecnu

Greetings ben_verrall,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Thank you for the great question and yes there are indeed some available documentation in the themes.

Regrading both Social and Blogs MU the documents that are available are in the \lib\docs folder but I will not waste your time - there is not much there at all.

Is there a specific issue you are having that I may be able to help with?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

ben_verrall

Hi

Thanks Joe... I have used themes before on other sites - and I know they all have their own little ways!

The main thing I am struggling with is (with Blogs MU - though I am still undecided if this is the one I want to use):

a) How to affect what's on the home page - i.e. make it look like your example, but ideally with a video or a slideshow in the intro section (replacing the stock image)

b) If I am able to use this theme to make the social area completely private (except for logged in members - all of whom will be required to log in with their organisation email address)

If you could give me a pointer about how to get the front page to work/customise it how I'd like, you'd be a star. I just can't seem to get my head round where the media sits in customisation.

WPMU is very good by the way - lifesaver in terms of simple to follow installation instructions...

aecnu

Greetings ben_verrall,

Thank you for the additional input which is certainly appreciated.

a) How to affect what's on the home page - i.e. make it look like your example, but ideally with a video or a slideshow in the intro section (replacing the stock image)

Replacing the stock image with a video or sideshow is shown in my screen shot below. The documentation is within for this telling how it works.

Easier to show it then to tell it in this case ... lol

b) If I am able to use this theme to make the social area completely private (except for logged in members - all of whom will be required to log in with their organisation email address)

I do not think this is relative to the theme in anyway, shape, or form.

For example, what social area? The theme does not come with a social area. But if you are referring to Buddy Press then regardless of the theme it will be on you to figure out how to protect it so to speak i.e. Membership plugin etc. because this is not only not a Blogs MU theme function nor is it a Buddy press function.

That should do the job for you.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member and have a GREAT upcoming weekend!

Cheers, Joe