Does Affiliate plugin support per sale payments?

Hi Guys,

I have a quick question about your affiliate plugin. Our website works based on product sale.

We like to use your affiliate plugin and give commission per sale who comes from their end but our user doesn't pay us right in advance when they register.

They only pay if they purchase the product so we only want to pay to affiliate marketers if their user will purchase.

Can we inject code under success payment page to track ?

Or how it works and can we use this plugin based on my explanation ?

Thanks for your valuable support in advance

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Emre,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question.

Currently the affiliate payments aren't automatic, rather it integrates with Membership, MarketPress, Pro sites etc and allows you to track the sales of that, it then credits the user and you can pay the user for example using the mass pay file.

This seems like it would require a custom integration, we have a brief guide here https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/integrating-the-affiliate-plugin-part-one/ :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Emre
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks Jack,

Okay so as far as I understand this Affiliate plugin doesn't work by it self ? We need to install one of those plugin you listed ? (Membership, MarketPress, Pro sites)

We can manually credit which is not a problem and automatic payment not needed but what I am trying to do is to see/track user/s came to our website with the link provided by affiliate marketer and completed payment or not so we will know how many users purchased the package came from that affiliate end

So is this something we can done or this plugin only track and show the statistics for user who registered only ?

I hope I explained it right.

Thanks again for your valuable support/answers

• Emre
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

and let me also add that we are using eShop payment plugin for receiving and processing payments.

something doable adding tracking code under success payment php page so we will know this user registered with X affiliate and completes payment so we can pay the affiliate a commission for the payment we received ?

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Emre,

Hope you're well today and thanks for the additional information.

Out of the box, this will track the user signup, if they come from an affiliate link and create a account.

But it wouldn't track the payment unless one if it's integrated plugins is used (MarketPress, etc).

That would require some integration with the eshopp plugin to track, if you'd like to develop a custom integration, the best place to start would be with the MarketPress add-on code and adapt that :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.