Does Any Product Support PayPal Advanced?

There are a number of postings in the forum going back more than a year asking and requesting PayPal Advanced support.

Do any of the plugins or products support PayPal Advanced?

If not, when can we expect support of PayPal Advanced.

Thanks,

Rich

• pianoman

PayPal Advanced, when I searched the forum I did not find one plugin that stated it was supported, but several stated it was not. I know for a fact Membership does not presently support the option.

To me this is important because PayPal will not allow transactions over $2,000 to be processed using PayPal Express without having a PayPal account. Our average membership transaction is just under $7,000 and a significant number of our students are older and do not want to have to create PayPal accounts.

I can integrate payments using code from a non-WordPress site but was hoping that a plugin already existed that I could leverage for coding purposes.

• James Dunn

Thanks for responding @pianoman.

I really hate going into a research mode or giving an answer to a question as I read it and then realize that the person asking was actually asking about something different - i.e. PayPal Advanced vs PayPal Adaptive Payments.

Anyway, here's one from the team over at Woo:

http://www.woothemes.com/products/paypal-advanced/

I couldn't figure out if it ONLY worked with the WooCommerce deal or if it worked independently. That would be something for you to contact them about.

I use Cart66 in several client websites and they integrate PayPal Pro in their paid version. PayPal Pro allows you to accept credit cards on your website and the clients don't even know they are using PayPal - I don't know the limits of that because we don't hit a limit on any of my client's websites.

There's also one at: https://shopplugin.net/store/paypal-advanced/

Finally, Gravity Forms has a PayPal Pro add-on which allows you to build a Gravity Form with PayPal integration.

I don't know if any of those would help you or not, but I can't find anything definitive in the Dev community that states that it works with PayPal Advanced.

Good luck on your quest.

James Dunn
    Athens, GA USA

• PC

Hello Rich,

Thanks for posting on the forums and JD for chiming in on this one.

I have moved this ticket to the applicable feature requests area.

It might take a bit longer than useful but alternatively, you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute

Here is what I found from one of the threads on which one of our senior consultants advised about it.

Pro:

Paypal Advanced offers the option of just straight credit card payment - no paypal account in the mix.

Con:

Lastly, w/o the Recurring payments option, Paypal will NOT process recurring payments for subscriptions purchased using a credit card. It will only auto bill/renew if the user opted to go through their Paypal account.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, PC

• pianoman

Understood on the recurring payment, with a $7000 entry point, it's a buy once lifetime membership :slight_smile:

Unlike PayPal Express, it is possible with PayPal Advanced to have the merchant account/credit card company do recurring billing for a flat $10 per month plus a small transaction fee. This requires setup in the merchant account area and does not require a PayPal account.

PayPal Advanced is very similar to Pro. The key difference is the monthly cost of $5 versus $35 and the fact that one customizes and uses pages hosted on PayPal servers versus ones own servers. Also one is not able to login into PayPal to process manual payments. See https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/compare-business-products

From a coding perspective, it appears to very similar to Pro using the same API's but with one selecting and customizing a "layout" on the PayPal servers for actual presentation of the payment page.

See https://www.x.com/developers/community/blogs/ppintegrationsnate/nates-blog-home-page This page covers many examples for coding with PayPal. Towards the end of the page Advanced and Pro coding examples are grouped together under PayPal Payments Advanced and PayPal Payments Pro (Payflow Pro/Link)

I can modify the Membership code to get this working on my site (we are still in startup mode) and move it to a separate plugin so it does not get overwritten with an upgrade.

Thanks,

Rich

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.