Does anyone have any examples of custom implementations of Marketpress - specifically light-weight a

We sell online classes - so no shipping, and customers will certainly only be buying one thing during each purchase process.

We only use paypal payflow pro and paypal express at checkout.

Does anyone have any examples of custom implementations of marketpress that eliminate steps in the checkout process? I fear dropout of that funnel from having an overly complex checkout process with five steps when we really only need one for our particular business.

Cheers,

Dave

• aecnu

Greetings Dave,

Thanks for bringing this up, it certainly sounds like a useful customization to the plugin.

Unfortunately, it is not currently available - but we would love to put it into consideration for future development

I have moved this ticket to the applicable feature requests area and I have alerted the lead developer to the request.

It might take a bit longer than useful but alternatively, you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• elpino

Greetings dave_llorens,

and welcome to the WPMU Forums, im in the planing to do a online classes websites a friend is a guitar instructor so we will be making a tutorial website, anyway i was gonna use membership, maybe that could work better for you so you charge for a membership.

i have been analyzing the tutorial market and this is the best way to go.. you can charge a monthly fee and set the role to be able to access X type of class, etc. maybe using membership wont need heavily custom coding, other marketing strategy ive seen websites use is to charge 1 dollar for first month free, or a beginners or starter class for 1 us dollar, not to give free so you know they are actual buyers with credit cards, and to get then into the database, hope this helps you get your site up.

Link for membership
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/

also you can integrate it with pro sites, so you give option to premium packages with access to a forum call it "Questions to the teacher" or something, o any other extra material you can charge for to the students.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/pro-sites/

Cheers
    Alex

• aecnu

Greetings dave_llorens and Alex,

@elpino Thank you for the great input and different perspective of managing this for a fellow member - good stuff there!

@dave_llorens Thank you for the additional questions.

1. Is there a way to get a hold of your ticket so I can more easily post the job to wpmu jobs?

You can either copy and paste the contents of this ticket into the jobs board ~or~ just copy and paste the URL to the ticket therein:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/does-anyone-have-any-examples-of-custom-implementations-of-marketpress-specifically-light-weight-and-easy-checkout-flows

2. Is there currently a way to remove any of the five steps from the shopping cart - for example lets say (purely hypothetical) that I wanted to forgo cart updating and verification and assume everyone always has the correct amount of product in their cart when checking out.

Sure enough, you can bypass the whole affair using the External Link:
    When set this overrides the purchase button with a link to this URL.
    linking to a pre-made, hosted on PayPal button - the one from the email version when presented on PayPal with the button integration choice.

That should do the job for you.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.