Does anyone use the Chat Plugin?

If so, how do you do it? I’m a little confused about the best way to make it work…it seems like I do not get any sort of notification when a client tries to chat with me. I’ve just been keeping the chat window open in a separate window, but I feel like there must be a better way.

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@iamandrewclark,

Our chat plugin is write more for group chat session leas by a moderator. We use the same core plugin on our own Live Support chat sessions here on WPMU DEV.

I’m working on a chat 2.0 version which will have private chat. But this will initially be limited to a moderator inviting another user within a group chat session to split off into a private chat window.

We eventually will have what I call ‘support chat’. This is more for front-facing users who come to your site and need help or have a question. For that we will develop some notification system were you can for example assign support roles to other users within your org or schedule support times. Still sketching out the details for the support chat.

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@iamandrewclark,

You might want to track or subscribe to this other thread. It is where I’m posting Chat 2.0 alpha versions for testing and proving out concepts.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/wordpress-chat-20-alpha-privat-alpha-needed#post-399611

The latest alpha does support private chats. As I describe in later posts the concept is an anonymous user comes to the site and post a question to the bottom corner chat or the widget. From there you can initiate a private chat with this user.

At the moment there is no notification other than the sound alerts. So if you are willing would appreciate some thoughts and feedback on helping architect this logic. Always best to have member input since you guys actual use the products. :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.