Does Appointments + GCal automatically sync and how often?

Hi,

I can’t seem to find the answer to this, but does Appointments + automatically sync from google calendar and if so how often?

Thanks,

Ian

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Ian Hulme , hope you're doing well

Once the Appointments+ is integrated with GoogleCalendar, the synchronization should be done within a few minutes.

There are three synchronization methods:

– A+ -> GCal sends only appointments to Google calendar,

– A+ <- GCal only imports appointments from Google calendar

– A+ <-> GCal synchronization should work both ways

A synchronization method can be selected from Appointments > Settings > Google Calendar, under API mode

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Nastia

• Dr.Malcom
    • New Recruit

Hi all,

Same question for me, I have the A+ <-> GCal synchronization should work both ways set.

When I create Event directly inside Google calendar, they don’t appear immediatly inside A+.

The only way it works, is to click on the “Import and Update” button to update everything. This way works correctly.

Is there a way to add a cron job or something like that to make sure both calendar are always up to date ??

Thanks for your help !

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Dr.Malcom ,

I hope you are doing well today!

Thank you for posting in this thread, however, because this issue is resolved for the original author that has posted it, please create a new one. This way, the author will not be getting email notifications each time when there is a new post in the thread.

Make sure that you grant support access from WPMU DEV > Support so we can have a closer look at this issue.

You can create a new thread here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

Thank you,

Cheers,

Nastia

• Ian Hulme
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Nastia,

Hope you enjoyed your weekend.

While some of the original question was answered, I never did receive a reply to my previous comment: “but I was just double checking that this import was run on a cron job and how often it was done”

Thanks for your help.

Ian

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello Ian Hulme,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

“but I was just double checking that this import was run on a cron job and how often it was done”

By default, it checks for new events on google calendar after every 10 minutes.

I have answered this question in detailed in this reply:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/gcal-synchronization-and-cron-job#post-1229404

Please take a look in above reply and feel free to ask any follow up questions you have here.

Best Regards,

Sajid – WPMU DEV Support

• Ian Hulme
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Sajid,

Thanks for the response, I’ve had a look at your post which has pointed me in the right direction for looking into the code.

As far as I can tell, the sync is only done if the Api Mode is set to Synchronizing both ways, I only want to synchronise from gcal not the other way round.

I’m quite capable of changing the code, but is there a reason that it only syncs both ways?

Best regards,

Ian

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Ian,

Hope you’re doing well!

I can confirm the same on my installation too. Would you please try the following fix. Replace the attached class-app-gcal.php with the one that is located in the following directory:

/wp-content/plugins/appointments/includes/

Once the hot fix is added, the synchronization should work.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Kind regards,

Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.