Does CoursePress Pro Permit Me To Create Private User Areas?

Hello,

I am currently setting up a member site and want to create private access areas for each member that only each individual member can access. It's not clear to me that this can be accomplished with your Membership 2 Pro plugin as this plugin is more geared towards setting up access levels for subscriber-based access. I am therefore looking at your CoursePress Pro plugin, and was wondering if we could effectively use this plugin to create private member content areas, since I would presume that creating an online course requires that each individual who has signed up to take an online course managed with such a plugin would also need to have access to an individual private content area so that they can take and submit their quiz, online testing results and have access to private instructor feedback and other materials (documents, forms, etc).

If this possible, then another immediate question I have is how can we automate the creation of User Names and Passwords (User Credentials) upon the purchase and payment of either a course (CoursePress Pro), an appointment (A+) or membership (Membership 2 Pro) created with your plugins on our self-hosted WordPress site?

I know this is asking perhaps a lot in a single email. Any and all upfront thoughts and assistance are deeply appreciated.

Jean-Claude

• Jude

Hi there @Jean-Claude

Hope you're doing great !

1) You can use both M2 and CoursePress for private areas. Although I think CoursePress is closer to what you want

2) All the three plugins you mentioned have built in capabilities to have automatic user registration on the site.

3) Not at all. We're happy to answer you questions. I suggest you try out both CoursePress and M2 to see which suits your purposes better

Hope that helps
    Jude

Cheers
    Jude

• Jean-Claude

Hello Jude,

Thanks for your assistance. Hope this finds you well.

Unfortunately, forcing someone to create an account and then forcing them to login before they can book an appointment is a wonderful way to lose a prospective client. We cannot use this approach as such an approach is proven to reduce site conversions.

What we need to do instead is to permit one to book and pay for their appoint upfront. To do this, we have configured A+ to capture their client information. A+ works well for this.

And then, upon paid confirmation of the appointment from PayPal, we would like to redirect them to a thank-you page that permits them to create their account and select their password using the M2 plugin to create a private client content area (only for that client) that contains a sensitive client in-take form that the client can fill out built using Gravity forms.

Is this possible to with M2?

Thanks much for your kind reply in advance.

JC

• Jude

Hi there @Jean-Claude

Unfortunately, forcing someone to create an account and then forcing them to login before they can book an appointment is a wonderful way to lose a prospective client. We cannot use this approach as such an approach is proven to reduce site conversions.

I cant more fully agree .. I was a bit confused at why you wanted this initially. Now its a bit more clear.

we would like to redirect them to a thank-you page that permits them to create their account and select their password using the M2 plugin

This is once again possible. You can redirect members to a page with a thank you message and M2 shortcodes for sigining up.

M2 plugin to create a private client content area (only for that client) that contains a sensitive client in-take form that the client can fill out built using Gravity forms.

All members with accounts can see this gravity form (empty) but only the member who submits and the admins can see submitted form values.

Hope that helps
    Jude

• Jean-Claude

Hello Jude,

Thanks much for your helpful response.

All members with accounts can see this gravity form (empty) but only the member who submits and the admins can see submitted form values.

With respect to using M2 in the context of the above, can we however create private client content areas for each client that only the client and a designated admin have access to? If so, how would one do this using M2 (without having to manually create a multitude of single-member memberships)? Or would using CoursePress instead of M2 perhaps be the better solution, presuming of course that using CoursePress is viable solution to do this with in the first place?

In summary, we need to have the ability to allow clients to update not just their client intake profiles but any other client forms and materials we confidentially communicate to them to fill out in their private content area, as well as to be able to privately communicate and collaborate with them. These private client content areas also need to be protected/isolated from search engine crawlers.

Any suggestion(s) you may have regarding how best to do this using a WPMU Dev based solution is most sincerely appreciated.

Thanks,
    JC

• Jude

Howdy JC

Sorry about the delay here .. appreciate your patience. After looking through your requirements M2 may not be the best solution for you, unless of course you want to create hundreds of memberships.

I don't think a WPMU DEV based solution is a great fit here unless you are open to custom code.

You can try this in conjunction with CoursePress
    http://codecanyon.net/item/privatecontent-multilevel-content-plugin/1467885

Cheers
    Jude

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.