Does each admin/editor need to setup post to wall/grant permissions?

So we setup the plugin for a client, granted permissions, set autopost to their Fanpage from posts only and tested fine.

Now the client had to grant permissions and autopost was not setup?

We were looking for a Post to Wall that is setup and controlled by the admin not the users?

Are we missing something obvious?

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi bobrandklev,

From what I understand, this is a Single site configuration of WordPress, correct?

If so, as Admin you should be able to setup the auto-posting options, ticking the following two items:

“Allow autoposting new posts to Facebook”

“Do not allow individual posts to Facebook”

With those ticked, users won’t be presented with per-post options, but the posts should auto-post to Facebook regardless.

How would that work for you?

-David

• Bob Randklev
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Yes these are single site setups.

I’ve looked at two other single setup sites and same problem. Either we are not configuring this correctly or there’s a problem or this isn’t going to do what we want.

I’ve setup the plugin, created the app/API, granted extended permissions, set Autopost to Facebook on and tested fine.

Now the editor posts to the site and we get an error they have not granted permissions?

One other note I have NOT checked the box for “Do not allow individual posts to Facebook”

If they want to post something that doesn’t go to FB I’d like to let them make the choice.

Is this the problem?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.