Does Events+ work for multiple people?

Hi there,

For Events+ https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/events-plus/ could I please confirm that I understand how it works?

If I place it on a site, like frederictonhoteldirectory.info for instance, then can multiple people login and host their own events with their own logins etc. OR is it simply meant for just one administrator (the site owner) who then runs their own events single-handedly.

What I would like to be able to do is have multiple events organisers login separately and host their own events all on the same site ... is that possible?

Kind regards,
Mike

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Mike,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

Events are custom post type and will behave like standard posts in regards how different user roles can access them, and there is also Capabilities add-on which you can activate in plugin settings and from there you will be able to additionally tweak capabilities for each user role.

All events created will still be listed on the archive page.
    You could ask each user to post in certain category and then use shortcodes included in the plugin to show events only from one category.

All shortcodes and shortcode options can be found under Events > Shortcodes panel in your admin section.

Let us know if this will work for you :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Michael!

I understand that you wish to allow other people (users of your site) to login to the dashboard and be able then to add their own paid events and directly charge for the tickets?

It's not possible with a default Events+ setup.

There are to "workarounds" though.

1. Allowing users of your site access Events+ to add events (including payed ones). They'll then be able to setup a price and the payment would go into your account. Next you'd have to pay the specified amount of money (according to the number of sales of particular events) to the "events owners". This of course can be done but wouldn't be fully automatic.

2. If you'd be running a Multisite WordPress you could install our MarketPress e-Commerce plugin:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce/

It is a complete "e-store" solution and if run in a Multisite WordPress environment allows users of your network start their own stores. In this case you could enable the "Payments via MarketPress Products" add-on for Events+ (which is bundled with the plugin).

This should allow owners of the stores "sell events" through their stores and I think this is the closest scenario to one that you've described.

I hope that helps!

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Michael

Hi Adam,

Darn, I thought Events was invented to let multi-users use it.

Is there some way that I can simply have an "Events" section of my site and let people create a post advertising their event but not include any of the ticket sales or admin aspects .. more just like having a "Whats On" section on the site ... but I would really need people to be able to make entries which could then be approved before posting live.

How could I do it that way? i.e. keep an Events section completely separate?

Kind regards,
    Mike

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Michael!

Darn, I thought Events was invented to let multi-users use it.

Well, it is. The issue here is "who pays whom" and "how" rather than if users are able to post their own events :slight_smile:

Is there some way that I can simply have an "Events" section of my site and let people create a post advertising their event but not include any of the ticket sales or admin aspects .. more just like having a "Whats On" section on the site ... but I would really need people to be able to make entries which could then be approved before posting live.

If selling tickets isn't an issue here, then sure it's possible. Having "Events+" installed and enabled you just need to enable the "Capabilities" add-on on your dashboard's

"Events" -> Settings" -> "Add-ons" page and once this is done you may (as my colleague @Predrag Dubajic already mentioned) go to this page to assign certain capabilites to certain user roles (eg. allow subscribers to publish events):

"Events" -> "Settings" -> "Event Capabilities"

To make it even easier for users you may also enable "Front-page editing" add-on which will give them a way to add events without having to access dashboard.

The one and only drawback here is that if allowed to publish events users will be able to publish them not as drafts but as "published posts".

I hope that helps!

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.