Does Events work with autoblog?

I'm using a different events plugin. EventsManager, which seems to work ok except, I've run into a problem I suspect will only continue. One of the venues we post events for makes additions to their calendar. We try to watch for it, but stuff might slip by.

I'm wondering if there is some way to tie autoblog or a simple RSS feed into the WPMUDEV events calendar so that it our calendar automatically updates when theirs does (or however often we set it to check for updates)?

We have permission from the venue to post their events, it's just tedious and stuff might get missed.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

• Tyler Postle

Hey jdsullivan,

Hope you're doing well today!

You can bring in posts as any post type you like, including "Events"; however, it may not place the information in the correct places. Have you tried this yet?

What it will do is likely save you the time of copying a lot of the content over. Then you can go in and set the times.

I'm assuming your events plugin also uses a custom post type. If it does then it should also show up as an option. You will want to set the status as "pending" for when it brings them in so it doesn't post them right away. You can go in and make some adjustments if needed.

Of course, the Events posting your taking from will need an RSS feed too.

Try this out and let us know how it works for you :slight_smile: Is the events listing your importing from also WordPress?

Look forward to your reply here!

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.