Does Facebook Connect populate the users email address in WordPress tables?

Hi,

I have tried a free Facebook connect plugin in the past and although it worked for loggin in and creating a user record, it did not give me the email address of the user - something that I need in order to send out information.

Does Ultimate Facebook Plugin connect to Facebook and allow me to see the users email address?

Also, is the FB connect available at checkout in WooCommerce?

• Sajid

Hi @russ10,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Yes, using Facebook connect user will be registered on your website and you will have his email as well. I am not sure how other plugin were registering a user without email that is necessary for registration.

By default it does not show on WooCommerce checkout page while login/register section. However it does show login with Facebook button on My Account page of WooCommerce.

Our plugin uses login_form action hook to inject the login with Facebook button.

You can easily customize checkout page by overriding WooCommerce template as described in this manual.

Create a custom template and add following code where you want to appear Login With Facebook button.

<?php
    	/**
    	 * Fires following the 'Password' field in the login form.
    	 * @since 2.1.0
    	 */
    	do_action( 'login_form' );
    	?>

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:
    Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.