Does Google Analytics include viewing by site admin?

We have Google Analytics and Pro Sites. It is activated with Network Wide Tracking Code.

The Pro Site level to use GA is currently disabled
The Pro Site level to view stats set at our level 2
Admin page tracking is disabled
Domain mapping is "enabled" but I am not certain what this option is doing, please clarify

Is there a way to not include the admin's site visits in statistics? If so, what do I need to do?

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @antKat

I hope you're having a great day!

The Domain Mapping option is there is case you have any subsites with mapped domains in your network. It improves the data rendering for those subsites.

If you want to exclude your own visits from analytics, that needs to be done in your analytics account, not in the plugin; the plugin only fetches the data from Google.

To do so, you can set up a filter to exclude your IP, or any number of IPs as seen here:
    https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034840?hl=en

Or if you and/or other users you want to exclude from the data visit your site from multiple devices & IPs, you may want to use a different approach as detailed here:
    http://socialmediaapprentice.com/2014/01/24/test/

I hope this helps! And thanks for being a member :slight_smile:

• antKat
    • HummingBird

Hi Patrick,
    Thank you for the quick response and the referral information.

Am I to assume correctly, that I, as the admin of the Google network wide tracking code would have to provide this service for my subsites? Or can they somehow manage and add tracking filters from their own Google accounts?

antkat

• antKat
    • HummingBird

Hi Ash,
    Please clarify I'm a little confused. Right now I have the network wide tracking code and thus have the account with Google. Based on what you are suggesting above, if a subsite wants to adjust their visitor tracking they would first need to setup a separate account with Google Analytics with their subdomain and then go to Settings>Google Analytics? What happens with the network wide tracking of this site?

• Sumit Kumar
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi @antKat,
    Hope you are having doing good, today :slight_smile:

Yes, for each subsite of multisite, all of them needs to create account on google and then write the tracking code in settings->Google Analytics menu page.

What happens with the network wide tracking of this site?

With the network-wide tracking code, you will be able to track your entire network of sub-sites. You can even disable the network page from tracking and only set for subsites.

Hope, I have been able to address with your issues.
    Let us know if we can assist you in anything, there :slight_smile:

Warm Regards,
    Sumit

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.