Does Google Analytics+ support Cross Domain Tracking?

Hi all,
We are moving away from Monster Insights google analytics plugin to use your GA+ plugin, but i was trying to do a quick feature comparison which is never easy from looking at admin settings or plugin pages. But i noticed that in the generated JS/HTML code on the front end that the monster insights creates includes Cross Domain Tracking that we have been using:

__gaTracker('require', 'linker');
__gaTracker('linker:autoLink', ['example-2.com', 'example-3.com'] );

Is this functionality possible with your plugin or can i manually add this?

Also we are using send events, etc in HREF button code. I assume there is no problem with these with your plugin?

Thanks

Piers

• Dimitris

Hey there Piers,

hope you're doing good and thanks for reaching us!

But i noticed that in the generated JS/HTML code on the front end that the monster insights creates includes Cross Domain Tracking that we have been using:
    __gaTracker('require', 'linker');
    __gaTracker('linker:autoLink', ['example-2.com', 'example-3.com'] );
    Is this functionality possible with your plugin or can i manually add this?

Cross Domain Tracking isn't available in our Google Analytics + plugin and this should require some custom coding (hardcoding the plugin itself most probably).
    You can find the scripts that are being used currently at /wp-content/plugins/google-analytics-async/google-analytics-async.php at around line #21.
    As this request surpass the scope of our support forum though, you may have to use our Jobs & Pros section in order to hire a developer (no WPMUDEV staff members are included there).
    Another path, would be to use the Google Tag Manager system (I haven't tested with our product yet though...)
    https://support.google.com/tagmanager/answer/6102821?hl=en

Also we are using send events, etc in HREF button code. I assume there is no problem with these with your plugin?

As long as these events don't require any special script embedded in your page, you should not have any problem with that.
    Still, if you find yourself confronting any related issues, please provide us the steps you're following and the missing results in order to try to replicate it in our test environments. :slight_smile:

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.