Does MarketPress Need To Be Active On Main Site When Activated Site By Site?

Hello,

Does MarketPress Need To Be Active On Main Site When Activated Site By Site?

If so, why? And what are implications if it is not?

Phil D

• SooBahkDo
    • Syntax Hero

Thanks for the clarification.

These would be a good couple of clarifying sentences to add to the installation instructions and documentation.

And now if I understand correctly...

If MarketPress is activated network wide, then (and only then) can the network owner take a percentage of subsites sales ? Or I am I still missing something?

Am I understanding correctly when that feature is active?

Thanks for chiming in.

Phil D

• SooBahkDo
    • Syntax Hero

Hi Tom,

Isn't that PayPal payment method built in to MarketPress?

I thought I recalled it as a payment gateway option to choose from when the plugin is activated network wide?

If the answer is yes, then we can close this thread as my original question has been answered.

Thanks!

Phil D

• hpidriver
    • The Crimson Coder

I am setting up Pro Sites to sell Marktepress as a premium plugin so that only paid users can open their own store.
    I initially network activated Marketpress to configure the Paypal Chained payments settings, then network deactivated it so that only sites allowed through Pro Sites will have access to Marketpress.

Does this mean that I cannot take commission in conjunction with how Pro Sites is configured?

• Aaron
    • CTO

Does this mean that I cannot take commission in conjunction with how Pro Sites is configured?

No, MP only needs to be activated on the main site while configuring network settings.

Also a common configuration is to network activate it, but force the chained (commissions) gateway on non pro sites, and for pro sites let them have access to other gateways.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.