Does Marketpress support PayPal Pro (Advanced) yet? If not, when?

I saw some threads talking about this, from about 5 months to a year ago. But I couldn’t find anything specific as to whether or not Marketplace can work with PayPal Pro at this time. If it can, please let me know. If not, how long before it will be able to work with PayPal Pro?

It seems like Marketplace should work with PayPal Pro since PayPal Pro is one of the most popular payment methods in use.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Gary Gordon

• Gary M. Gordon
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I downloaded Marketpress and saw:

2Checkout

Authorize.net AIM Checkout

eWay Shared Payments

Google Checkout

iDEAL (beta)

Manual Payments

Moneybookers

PayPal Payflow Pro (beta)

PayPal Express Checkout

Stripe

But I’m curious what the difference is between:

PayPal’s Website Payments Pro and PayPal’s PayFlow Pro?

If a client has Website Payments Pro (currently) will the same exact credentials, etc., work if I select PayPal’s PayFlow Pro? Or, is there something extra that might be required?

I also see PayPal Express Checkout. I’m also a bit confused as to the difference between PayPal PayFlow, PayPal Standard (which simply requires the use of an email address once an account is set up) and PayPal Express Checkout.

Can someone explain?

Thanks,

Gary

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Gary !

I searched and found a couple of articles which will help you understand the difference between different paypal options

http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?70-whats-the-difference-between-paypal-standard-express-and-pro

http://wpecommerce.wordpress.com/2009/05/24/paypal-website-payments-pro-vs-payflow-payment-gateway/

I see that payflow pro (beta) is there and its got all the settings which are required, however I would like to highlight the below statement from the links above

Payflow Pro is essentially *only* a merchant account. Transactions conducted via Payflow Pro (for US Merchants) do not appear in your PayPal account … instead, they are forwarded directly to your merchant bank account. Basically, Payflow Pro is just like any other traditional payment gateway (akin to Authorize.net etc)

I hope this made you clear about the questions you had. Should you still have any further questions of had I missed something, please feel free to post and I would just be around :slight_smile:

Cheers

PC

• Gary M. Gordon
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I just got off the phone with PayPal.

The long and short is .. PayPal Payflow Pro … is the same as PayPal Payments Pro (which used to be called Website Payments Pro). PayPal handles all sides of the transaction. The fee is $30 per month for PayPal Payflow Pro / Payments Pro. It should really be called PayPal Payments Pro to be less confusing, but things are just changing all the time so it’s a little difficult to keep up with it. hahaha

But PayPal Payflow Pro will work. PayPal Express Checkout is also basically the exact same as PayPal Standard (which is what they told me). There are only minor differences in that you need to obtain API codes. But they function the same way and PayPal Express Checkout is free to use since it pushes the buyer over to the PayPal website to perform the transaction and then when they are done, they return back to the original website.

PayPal Express does not require an SSL Certificate but PayPal Payflow Pro does. That’s also another issue. PayPal Payflow Pro keeps the customer on your site the entire time and does not send them over to PayPal’s URL.

That’s what they told me. I hope this helps you and anyone else.

Gary

PS: Authorize.net is typically a better deal (cost wise). :slight_smile:

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

PayPal Payflow Pro keeps the customer on your site the entire time and does not send them over to PayPal’s URL.

Yeah, that it does, and customers find it more secure completing the transaction on the merchant site itself instead of being redirected to paypal site and then back to the merchant site !

PS: Authorize.net is typically a better deal (cost wise). :slight_smile:

Like !

Thanks a lot for sharing this info and I am sure, it will also help other members looking an answer to the same question.

Sending a few rep points your way.

Cheers

PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Arturino,

.When will you support PayPal Pro (Advanced) ?

That certainly is in the kitty of Developers and should be available in upcoming weeks, however I would not be able to provide you an ETA on the same.

will it work on multisite?

Our MarketPress plugin is multisite compatible !

Cheers

PC

• arturino
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

What I meant…

Does the PayPal Pro (Advanced) will support MultiSite?

Because right now, when I get into setup payment gateway on multisite it give me only two options: PayPal Express Checkout and eWay Shared Payments.

Thanks!

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Does the PayPal Pro (Advanced) will support MultiSite?

That is just a gateway which will be implemented in MarketPress. Hence it would be used on all the sites, you wish to grant access to use marketpress !

when I get into setup payment gateway on multisite it give me only two options: PayPal Express Checkout and eWay Shared Payments.

Is this issue related to your thread here ?

Please advise !

Cheers

PC

• Aaron
    • CTO

PayFlow requires a merchant account with a bank, it’s basically the equivalent of Authorize.net. Website Payments Pro Paypal is the gateway and merchant account, all included in the fees. They use completely different APIs.

I still plan to make a Pro gateway, just a matter of getting time for it. Havn’t heard many calls for it though recently since we added payflow.

I also see PayPal Express Checkout. I’m also a bit confused as to the difference between PayPal Standard (which simply requires the use of an email address once an account is set up) and PayPal Express Checkout.

Express checkout has alot more power than the basic buttons. In this context most important is they get redirected to the paypal site, then back to MarketPress to finalize the order. The standard buttons don’t really do this.

• Atlanta
    • Syntax Hero

@aaron Pro Paypal is the gateway and merchant account, all included in the fees.

+1 for Paypal Pro.

Paypal Flow

If I am reading it properly… for Paypal Flow a user pays $249 upfront + $59 per month + the fee of whichever solution they use. So if they chose Paypal pro it will cost an additional $30 a month for an $89 a month fee and only works in USD.

Paypal Pro

If Paypal pro is the gateway and the merchant account, it keeps the buyer on the site, offers more currencies, and only costs $30 a month then it seems to be the much, much better option. Why would anybody use Paypal Flow instead of Pro?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.