Does MarketPress work with taxcloud?

We are currently using Market Press and enjoy using it however, we are aware of the new tax laws requiring state taxes to be collected on internet sales, i.e. based on your zip code and need to be able to support the new tax law. We have seen that Tax Cloud can provide the state sales tax information however, we do not see that this is available to work with Market Press. It does work with Woo commerce though. In fact we could not locate any method that would allow Market Press to be able to calculate tax rates in support of the new tax laws. Could you please tell me if you have provide any integration into something such as tax cloud or provide any other option for calculating state sales tax to support the new tax laws? And if so what are they? If not when will you? If you are not planning to provide support for the new tax laws that we would have to move over to using something such as woo commerce.

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @jbsv1, I hope you're well today!

To be honest I don't live in the US so I don't know exactly the details of this.
    However I have notified other staff members and our developers about it and we are examining this issue as we speak.
    As soon as I have an answer for you I'll post back here...

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Aaron
    • CTO

Not sure which new laws you are referring to. The main ones only apply to large businesses selling more the $1 million in a particular state. US ecommerce tax laws are a mess right now, noone can keep up. Every state has different laws that are constantly changing, you can find a good list here: http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/50-state-guide-internet-sales-tax-laws.html

Bottom line is though for now, unless you are a very big business, the basic rule of collecting sales tax just for purchases shipped in your nexus-state should be fine. This is how MP calculates USA tax at the moment.

We do plan to add taxcloud support though to make this easier for larger businesses or ones that have to furthur adjust tax rates by locality within their nexus.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.