Does MEMBERSHIP 2 PRO work with Multisite users?

Hi there,

I have installed the MEMBERSHIP 2 PRO plugin as I wanted to grant my Multisite users a membership as well. However I do not seem to find this possible. So let me try to explain what I want to achieve:

1 - I want some of my users to be able to get a site on my multisite installation along with a membership as well.
2 - I also want some of my users just to have a membership on my multisite installation. Here there should be an opportunity to add a site to the user later on.

Please let me know how I can achieve this.

Thanks,
Allan

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Allan,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I'm not sure if I understand this right so let's check it :slight_smile:

First of all in network settings this option should be enabled: "Both sites and user account can be registered". This will allow visitors to your site register either an account and a new site or just an account (and a site later).

As for Membership 2. I understand that you'd like it to protect content all across the network, is that correct? If a user would signup for selected membership she/he should get access to the content protected by this membership on sub-sites as well as on main site or am I messing here a bit?

Please explain a bit more how the memberships should work on your site. A simple case scenario would be very helpful.

Looking forward for your replay,
    Adam

• septl

Hi Adam,

Thank you for your message.

I would like to grant access to my users to specific pages in frontend. Furthermore some users will have a sub-site from day one and some users will get a sub-site someday in the future. The reason I want to do this is that we sell services and within these services are sites and offline services. So the users who only purchase offline services just need to have a login to the private pages. However if they decide to purchase a site at some point, I must be able to add a site to that user.

I'm not sure Membership 2 is capable of this as it seems to me that this plugin only works per site basis and not per network basis. Am I right?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
    Allan

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Allan!

The Membership 2 Pro plugin by default works on "per site basis" but can be switched to a "network wide" mode so all the memberships are "network wide" and you manage access to the content throughout entire Multisite network from a central place. The difference is that admins of the sub-sites won't then be able to setup their own memberships and protection rules. This however should meet your requirements I think.

To enable Membership 2 Pro in "network-wide" mode please do the following things:

- make sure that the plugin is disabled everywhere across the network
    - add this line to the "wp-config.php" file:

define( 'MS_PROTECT_NETWORK', true );

The line should be added above the "/* That's all, stop editing... "line.

- network-activate the plugin via your Network Admin dashboard.

The plugin will not pickup any settings that were previously configured so it will have to be configured "from scratch" but all the memberships that you now create will be "network-wide" and you will be able to set protection rules for all the content through your entire networks.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.