Does MEMBERSHIP have the ability to restrict registration access ONLY to levels that I specify

Does MEMBERSHIP have the ability to restrict registration access ONLY to levels that I specify? I don't want to make certain levels available to the general public. I'm using Membership for a Boy Scout website, all levels are FREE. I'm using only 2 levels, MEMBERS and TROOP ADMIN. The Registration Page allows them to CHOOSE which level they want to apply for. I'd like the registration page to RESTRICT visitor access to the MEMBERS level ONLY. Can access to the TROOP ADMIN registration button be removed from the Registration Page. I need to have a higher level access, but I don't want "regular" potential members to have access to it.

Ideally I would have the TROOP ADMIN registration on a separate "password protected" page, that way, only authorized insiders could register for the higher level access.

Worse case, I can disallow registration altogether and manually enter all member info, but that would be a lot of work.
I'm open to any other strategic solutions as well.

Thanks for your input.