Does membership integrate with other wpmudev plugins?

I'm setting up an online coaching business and building the site myself. The blog is designed to be free. I wanted to post recipes and incorporate the wpmudev forum into the site and wanted to check whether membership will restrict any page I like including forum or pages created by other plugins (I want a plugin for putting in my recipes).

I also wanted memebrship to restrict chat as well as I wanted that to be a premium feature of my site.

Can I create pricing tables (using another plugin) and use membership to power the sale and manage the signup?

Can they be automatically made into a member once they have signed up for my coaching?

Thanks

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi @Andrew Lee,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

You can assign each level to have access to certain content and select which access level will the default visitor have.

How do you plan to use your chat?
    If you want to put it in page then you can protect access to that page allowing only certain access levels to access it or if you are planing on using it site wide then you can select from chat plugin settings which user rolls can see the chat

Can I create pricing tables (using another plugin) and use membership to power the sale and manage the signup?

Can you clarify this a bit please, which plugin are you looking to use to create tables?

Also, may I also suggest that you have a look at our Protected Content plugin to see if it will maybe suit you better then Mebership.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Andrew Lee

I was going to use http://www.elegantthemes.com/features/shortcodes.html to create the pricing table. I don't really mind how or what I use to create the pricing table. I just wanted to have something so that when prospective clients decide to buy my service, that they have 2 options available to them (e.g. lump sum payment or staggered) and when they have completed the payment, that this then allows them full and unfetered access to the site.

The premium features would be the chat client, recipes and a discussion board (Have another question on whether communitites is better than forum open).

Chat was going to be site wide. I'll take a look at the user settings.

I'm taking a look at protected content at the moment.

I also (at a future point in time) wanted to mayeb run offers or provide discount codes which I have read in the Membership information...

• Jude

Hey there @Andrew Lee

Hope you are doing great, Im sorry this response took a bit longer than expected.

I just wanted to have something so that when prospective clients decide to buy my service, that they have 2 options available to them (e.g. lump sum payment or staggered) and when they have completed the payment, that this then allows them full and unfetered access to the site.

This is certainly possible but may require some custom code to tie everything into place. It does not matter if you use a 3rd party plugin to create the pricing table.

The premium features would be the chat client, recipes and a discussion board (Have another question on whether communitites is better than forum open).

I would not say better is the right word here. Both can serve you well, what you must consider is the ease of use and functionality for your users and ease of setup and maintenance in this case

I'm taking a look at protected content at the moment.

I would say this is a much better option considering your specific requirements.

Sorry just to clarify, the user roles I set up in Membership, will Chat see those? Are they the same user roles throughout the site?

These are slightly different, it is possible to setup and block users based on their user ID type but this is somewhat different from the built in Membership roles you create. Here again the integration can be done with a bit of custom code.

Cheers
    Jude

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.