Does Membership plugin allow multiple user account types for Buddypress

Hi, I wondered if you could possibly help me. Does the Membership plugin allow multiple user account types for Buddypress i.e

I want different types of users i.e personal and business to fill in different information when they register their profile. It seems this plugin does it https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/how-to-create-multiple-user-account-types-for-buddypress/ which was recommended by wpmu (which I believe is also owned by this site), does the Membership plugin do the same thing or do I need to install both?, I look forward to your answers :slight_smile:

Regards

Sam

• Myenterprise
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thank you for your reply,

Can I not use both the plugins though?, one to change what fields are available at registration and one to manage the membership levels if I wish them to pay etc?. Your help on this matter would be appreciated

Regards

Sam

• Myenterprise
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

It seems the other plugin I was refering too just allows you to make different directories for the different user type you stipulate, so may well work together. Thanks for your help. Does the Membership plugin have a manual or help file to aid me in using it. If it has a wizard or walkthrough within the plugin, can you please guide me to where it is in the backend?

Thanks

Sam

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Sam :slight_smile:

we are working on a complete new role out of a streamlined Membership Plugin that will make the current somewhat cumbersome Membership Plugin for the most part obsolete.

Therefore it would be in your best interest to please hold tight while we continue rapid development and soon to be released version of the new built from the ground up Membership Plugin and we can go forward from there :slight_smile:

Joe :slight_smile:

• Myenterprise
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Can you inform me what timescale we are looking here? as my business is launching in 12 days and will initially use the membership plugin. If it can be developed upon to make different categories easy to manage from the beginning that would be great

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Myenterprise :slight_smile:

I have no idea to when the new version will be ready for launch.

Due to the complex task of creating, testing, beta, and then production release of a program, plugin, etc. it is certainly not in anyone's interest to rush the programming engineer or programmer.

However, since your launch is in twelve days as you have indicated and we do not know when this new version will be released for production use.

Now with this in mind and after reviewing your original question and answers from Phil - it appears that Phil's original answer in which I concur was no that the membership plugin does not do what you asked.

In addition, you had mentioned the https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/how-to-create-multiple-user-account-types-for-buddypress/ which is workable for precisely what you inquired about.

Does it not meet your goal?

and if not what are you precisely trying to accomplish that we can possibly envision and have a workable solution for thereof?

• KevinDLyons
    • Flash Drive

Great topic. I'm implementing the Membership module on a site next week. I am looking to grow in to a multi-role model but can start with the single role model.

Is there a planned upgrade or migration path to the new Membership rebuild?

I'd be happy to help with some beta testing for this module.

Thanks!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings KevinDLyons :slight_smile:

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

thank you for volunteering and I shall put you on my list for beta testers :slight_smile:

Right now there has not any test drive of the upcoming release, but when there is you will be certainly notified for your valued participation :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.