Does Membership plugin support entire multisite or just one site at a time?

Can I use the Membership plugin to register users for all my subsites or do they have to register for each site? The installation of the plugin looks like it gives each subsite it's own version so I'm still figuring this out.
Thanks!

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Can I use the Membership plugin to register users for all my subsites or do they have to register for each site?

Registration is the same whether they register via membership or in a non-membership site. So a user registering on one site will/should have subscriber level access to other sites - will need to double check in wp docs to be fully sure - will let you know.

The installation of the plugin looks like it gives each subsite it's own version so I'm still figuring this out.

It can be run on a single site, single installs across multiple sites or as a global system (with limitations on the rules that are useful).

• thoward
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Barry, Thanks for the confirmation. However, can you provide any documentation to describe the process for a global registration process for my membership site? nothing I find is helping so far. I guess some outline of what I'm trying to do is what I'm looking for. I can only find documentation on setting up a multisite with membership options for each subsite. Not a global configuration like I'm trying to do. Thanks!
    Tom

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

However, can you provide any documentation to describe the process for a global registration process for my membership site?

Set MEMBERSHIP_GLOBAL_TABLES to true in the membership config file (membershipincludes/includes/membership-config.php) and then activate the plugin network wide.

• thoward
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Barry,
    Thanks for that! We have that set now. However, it still looks like membership settings are only at the subsite level. Subscriptions set on one subsite do not show up on other subsites. So, does each subsite have to set up it's own subscriptions? Will one subsite subscription work across to the other subsites? Members also do not show up across the subsites. Maybe I'm confused on what this option does for us.
    Thanks!
    Tom

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hiya Tom,

Sorry if that seems confusing, it's likely just the result of having Membership setup to use site-by-site tables rather than a global table as you now apparently have.

What you'll likely have to do is deactivate Membership, access your database via phphMyAdmin and delete the m_installed option in your wp_options table.

From there you can reactivate Membership and it should create the global database.

Could you give that a go and let us know how that works for ya?

Thanks,
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.