Does Membership plugin work with any wordpress theme?

I'd like to use Membership Plugin and Events+ plugin to offer members-only events. Would it be better to get a theme with or without a login/register option? Technically, we don't want anyone to be able to create an account. They have to apply and be approved before they can be a member.

• Corin

Yes, that might work. As a non-member they'd be directed to a page explaining membership qualifications and an application-type form. We want it to be some action button/link that says "Would you like to nominate someone or join _____? Click here"

Our group is going to likely be under 200 people. But I wanted to save myself the tedious task of creating and emailing individual accounts for every member. Could I have open registration for a certain amount of time to let all the members create accounts and then change it to direct to the form page?

Does the plugin have login features built-in? I wanted a nice front-end login feature for members. I've seen some plugins and themes with it built-in but I don't want any conflicts.

Thanks for your help!

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Corin,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question, sorry about the extreme delay here.

With the latest version of Membership, it includes a front-end login widget that should work for you :slight_smile:

to save myself the tedious task of creating and emailing individual accounts for every member. Could I have open registration for a certain amount of time to let all the members create accounts and then change it to direct to the form page?

Sure that wouldn't be a problem, you could create a 301 redirect in your .htaccess once you've closed off the membership registration :slight_smile:

Sorry again about the delay, if we can be of any assistance please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.