Does Multisite privacy ("Update all blogs") work with Networks for WordPress?

Is there a way to get Multisite Privacy to work with multiple networks set up using a plugin like WP Multi Network or Networks for WordPress.

I have a few situations where I'd like to deploy privacy settings (i.e. "Update all blogs") across all blogs on one network , but not change the privacy settings on blogs in a different network (on the same WordPress installation.) Thought I would ask before looking into a custom solution.

Thanks!

• aecnu

Greetings CB,

Thank you for the great question!

Is there a way to get Multisite Privacy to work with multiple networks set up using a plugin like WP Multi Network or Networks for WordPress.

This should work just fine as each network is independent of each other when using WP Multi Network or Networks for WordPress.

For example that I am personally using Networks for WordPress and installed Buddy Press on my second network and it clearly has no influence over the other networks - none whatsoever.

Therefore in this case, I believe that the Multisite privacy plugin will just have affect over the network it is activated on.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• CB

Hi Joe,

I'm not sure that's true in this case. I "updated all blogs" on one network (set up using networks for Wordpress) to make all of the sites on that network private, and sites on a separate network (on the same Wordpress installation) were updated to private.

Can you confirm for me that the multisite privacy plugin is actually network aware, or is it just me. Thanks for your time.

• aecnu

Greetings CB,

Thank you for your feedback, it is appreciated.

Obviously it is network aware or the other networks would not have been affected :slight_smile:

In this case it is going too far affecting the other networks that are indeed created with Networks for WordPress.

The real question here is can the Multisite privacy plugin be adjusted to address networks of networks and only affect the network it is enabled on?

Therefore I will go ahead and see if I can get the lead developer of the Multisite privacy plugin in here to address this issue and offer his thoughts and opinion on the Multisite privacy plugin working with networks of networks.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will see if I can get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.