Does New Blog Templates work with Custom Post Types?

Hi,

I've created some custom post types (not using a plugin) and want to know if New Blog Templates will copy over our CPT menu item (e.g. Post Jobs), as well as the custom posts.

Thanks.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello @JHouse

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

It should work as you are looking for. The plugin lets you create a template blog, and if you are allowing it to copy the plugin settings, it should take the posts from the custom post types too.

Did you try that and see if it worked ?

If you want, I can test that out for you, but I will need to know how you have created the CPT's so that I can replicate it.

Please advise.

Cheers, PC

• JHouse
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for your help, PC. It's okay, I'll give it a shot a report back. This is the only part I'm confused with "and if you are allowing it to copy the plugin settings." I built the custom post types directly into the functions.php file, thus I didn't use any plugins, so there are no plugin settings for my CPTs. Anyways, I'll give it a try.

Thanks again.

• JHouse
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

The plugin works like a champ!!! Yes, the custom post types, and their respective custom posts transferred over smoothly, including our custom taxonomies and their respective terms. Even our theme settings (we have a custom background changer with our own background library to choose from) copy over perfectly, too. Very stoked!

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.