Does Newsletter Support RSS emails and email automation?

I don't see anything on this, but does this plugin include any RSS to email function and/or automation emails other than a welcome email?

I'd love to try this out but without these features I consider it relatively useless. These features are all about automation and without any email system would simply require too much work.

Thanks.

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Micha,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I am not sure exactly what you meant by "including any RSS to email function and/or automation emails other than a welcome email" but you can import posts from the RSS using our autoblog plugin and then send it though emails using newsletter plugin.

Please advise.

You can send automated emails using e-Newsletter CRON as described on the following page.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-newsletter/#product-usage

Also we have following plugins that send emails automatically.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/subscribe-by-email/#product-usage
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/automatic-follow-up-emails-for-new-users/#product-usage

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Micha

I'm not sure what's confusing, but I'll state it another way just to be super clear.

- The first thing I'm asking about is RSS to email NOT importing an RSS feed to a site. While there appears to be some automation, this basic email newsletter function doesn't appear to be. The use here is to be able to have a daily, weekly, and/or monthly email newsletter set up with merge tags from your RSS feed. Every newsletter service I've seen has this including the ones this plugin claims to be able to replace. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

- Automation emails means just that... an automated email or sequence of emails. Again, this is another function that every major email newsletter service has. The point is to have certain triggers such as joining a list, joining a list, etc. and having an automated predefined sequence of emails trigger to that user offset by a certain time period from the originating trigger event.

An example would be to send a series of 4-5 emails after someone joins a list to get your free ebook. The first could provide the download immediately after, and the following could be set to deploy each two days after the previous email and could contain anything you wanted such as a product up-sell message or cross promotion, etc.

That is a more complete description of what I'm asking here.

That said, it looks like your product https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/subscribe-by-email/#product-usage fills the first need, though I'm truly at a loss of why it's not in the other email plugin. Why not write one email plugin with multiple features instead of creating a new plugin for the feature. This seems rather odd.

The second link you provided does kinda do what I'm asking for the second point, but with a major flaw. That is it appears to only be able to set up one sequence that is triggered on a new subscriber.

What about when a new subscriber signs up for a paid product, or someone downloads an ebook without creating a user account, etc., etc. There are quite literally a hundred uses above and beyond what this automation seems to do.

Lastly, I realize that this may not have been the intended feature set of this plugin and maybe your user base doesn't want it. What gets to me is that in your marketing copy you refer to this plugin as a replacement to a subscription based email platform. You don't call that by name, but the biggest are Mail Chimp, A Webber, Constant Contact, and each and every one of these can do this and loads more. So, to call this a replacement when these features aren't offered, and only sort of offered by similar plugins you also make is incredibly misleading to say the least.

I look forward to your response. Thanks.

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Micha,

Yes you are right that we have distributed the functionality in several plugins to not overwhelm any single plugin.

I think it would be better if we integrate these plugins by using some integration methods like add-on so that we can use some functionality of plugins in each other.

I will move this over to the features & feedback section. This way it can be considered for future development, and we can also see what other community members think about the feature request.

The second link you provided does kinda do what I'm asking for the second point, but with a major flaw. That is it appears to only be able to set up one sequence that is triggered on a new subscriber.

What about when a new subscriber signs up for a paid product, or someone downloads an ebook without creating a user account, etc., etc. There are quite literally a hundred uses above and beyond what this automation seems to do.

Currently the plugin sends out the message x days after an event, e.g. x days after a new blog is created. For other custom events you will have to develop custom code to achieve it.

Thanks,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Micha

Thanks for the reply. I agree that a plugin with add-ons would be a better model. Gravity forms does this and it's really effective.

That is disappointing about the trigger events and having to custom code something to get anything other x days after a blog.

This is kinda what I was getting at when I mentioned the false claim that this system can replace other email platforms (indicating ones like mail chimp and such). This is simply not the case.

Unless you want to build this out to be a complete solution, I would remove anything on your marketing webpage that says anything remotely to that effect because it's simply not true.

If I can't have multiple automation emails sequences all triggered by different actions from sign up, to date on the list, the making an commerce purchase, to being added to a new group... if I can't do that with this system, then it is simply nowhere close to any of the major existing Saas model email platform.

Thanks for your time and comments. I'll look forward to what you guys develop in the future, but for now, I'll stick with my email platforms.

Micha

• jetmac

+1 for all of these.

I had mentioned a year or so ago this very thing, that WPMU should look to bundle some plugins that naturally go together into a complete solution.

In this case, you're looking at enewsletter, html email, and automessage - with an option for subscribe by email.

You've taken this approach before - ultimate branding, for example.

Worth considering. I know I would very much appreciate the option to seamlessly bundle these services together.