Does not work at all!

Not very impressed with this plugin or the support I have received so far, I am having to make a separate post now...

I have just installed on a fresh version of WP 3.3.2 with Directory 2.1.1.1 - Every page .i.e Add Listing, Listings all give a 404, they all redirect to /listings/ no matter which link you click on.

I also installed this on an existing local dump of a large WP installation, these pages worked on that but when viewing a listing you just get a 404...

The only reason I signed up to this service was to utilize this plugin for a local directory in our area for SEO purposes, it seems that this 'NEW' version has many flaws, I was interested in the old version initially, then I found out you had removed it temporarily from the website because of bugs?

I am trying to download old versions of this plugin but it seems you have updated your website since yesterday (20th May 2012) and I get a 404, seems to be a trend...

I also need to know whether or not I can have free listings and paid listings? Not just one type of subscription, both need to show / limit information displayed on the listing page.

Over and out...

• aecnu

Greetings bravecreative,

I have just installed on a fresh version of WP 3.3.2 with Directory 2.1.1.1 - Every page .i.e Add Listing, Listings all give a 404, they all redirect to /listings/ no matter which link you click on.

Have you reset your permalinks to anything but default?

As you can see by my test installation there is absolutely nothing wrong with the pages or listings http://directory.aecnuwpmu.us/

Please advise your results after updating permalinks.

I was interested in the old version initially, then I found out you had removed it temporarily from the website because of bugs?

The previous developer is no longer with WPMU Dev due to the very bugs you are referring to in the old version.

Therefore this is not relative to the new release what so ever nor the work of the new developer of this project whom is extremely competent.

I also need to know whether or not I can have free listings and paid listings?

Sorry, It is one or the other, either paid listings or free listings but not both in one installation.

Personally if I wanted to do this I would create a MultiSite Network, make the Main site a pitch about my directory related services and then create two sub sites one of free listings and one of paid listings.

Please advise if the resetting the permalinks got your Directory installation functioning.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.