Does password protect work on mobile / tablet browsers? Any browser requirements?

Hi, I'm getting people reporting that the password protect plugin is not working for them on iPads.

Do you know of which devices this has been tested on?
Please explain the mechanism of what's sent to the browser, and whether any special browser requirements (like accepting cookies?) are necessary?

• aecnu

Greetings ebusinessco,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with the password protect plugin and that some folks have indeed reported issues to you.

But can you please describe the exact issue they are experiencing?

I cannot just tell the lead developer/coder that you are having an issue with the plugin and nothing further, he then has nothing to go on.

Please advise with details so I can work on getting to the bottom of this and your questions answered as well.

Cheers, Joe

• ebusinessco

Joe,
    I appreciate your reply but can you answer the questions I asked in my initial post?

I'm inquiring whether it's a form get / post submission or whether there's an ajax component or whether cookies are required, stuff like that. I'm seeking documentation.

I'm not able to describe all the situations and specs of the devices that are having problems, just that there are several reported failures to get page content that is 'protected' so display upon form submission, and it seems many of the reports are on iPad, so presumably Safari current browser version...

• aecnu

Greetings ebusinessco,

Sure I can answer them:

Do you know of which devices this has been tested on?

No I do not know. I only use a PC with multiple browsers but no other devices (no sarcasm)

Please explain the mechanism of what's sent to the browser, and whether any special browser requirements (like accepting cookies?) are necessary?

Cookies are necessary for most of WordPress interactions.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.