Does PayPerView mode "Daily Pass" can be set to huge number of days?

Hello, even if it seems to be obvious, when using the PayPerView plugin and setting the validity period to a high number (3650 days for example) with the "Daily Pass" payment option, does the user paying for this will then have access to the blog/ site for 10 years? - What I am trying to accomplish is kind of "one time payment" so users are able to read the actual and coming content of the whole blog/site after paying a one-time fee for the access!
(Same question for "Recurring Payment" option). Thanks a lot!

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi Stylos,

In regard of the plugin, there is no limitation of number of days. This data is stored in the database, so there is no risk of it being cleaned, unless you completely uninstall/delete the plugin.

The limitation will be coming from Paypal. Frankly I have never tried huge numbers and I didn't notice a certain limitation figure on Paypal documentation, but I think you can test it using Sandbox. Please share your test results here too :slight_smile:

This applies to both cases, daily pass and recurring subscriptions.

I hope this helps,

Cheers,
    Hakan

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Correction:

Sorry, I gave wrong information before. For Daily Pass there will be no limitation coming from Paypal, as "Daily pass validity (days)" is not passed to Paypal at all. So you can have a lifetime membership option.

But for recurring subscription, "Subscription period (days)" setting is passed to Paypal and their limitation will be valid there.

Cheers,
    Hakan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.