Does Pro-site automatically deactivate plugin on down grades

If a user downgrades from one level to a next level will this plugin automatically deactivate premium plugins which the level which was down grade too does not support?

• aecnu

Greetings northgate,

Thank you for the great question.

Yes and no.

It will not downgrade from one level to the next as you described because there should be all paying levels except the free level if indeed you have a free level.

Then upon non payment they should be automatically downgraded to the free level with the privileges you have designated there.

The exception to this is if you are manually downgrading them then they will inherit the items of the lower level but those already activated in the higher level will probably remain - I say probably because I have never manually downgraded before to see what happens.

Hopefully this helps you out and clarifies things a bit.

Cheers, Joe

• northgate

Hi aecnu

Thanks for the reply.

Just to clarify and make sure that I understand, so if a user downgrades their account by paying for a lower level they will still have access to the already activated plugins for the higher level while on the lower level?

If that's the case then their is nothing stopping a user from paying for only one month for the highest level then downgrading to the lowest the next month and still access all premium plugins of the higher level.

Can you please confirm for me that this is how the plugin currently works on down grades.

Thanks.

• northgate

I haven't seen any option to downgrade I would assume that this would be something that the plugin would be capable of doing since it allows upgrades.

I only assumed that if a user wanted to downgrade all they would have to do was click on a lower level and they would be billed for that lower level accordingly

There is no place in the documentation it states "No downgrade possible"

The ability to downgrade ones payment plan is an option provided by most subscription systems.

Can I only downgrade users manually?

• aecnu

Greetings northgate,

Thank you for your additional feedback, it is appreciated.

I haven't seen any option to downgrade I would assume that this would be something that the plugin would be capable of doing since it allows upgrades.

In this case ass-u-me got us because the only downgrade there is - is indeed to the free level as I described above or total lock out of the site until they pay (Pay to Blog)

Once they hit the free level they can they upgrade to a lower level then the original upgrade they had but that is the end of it there and the only way.

I only assumed that if a user wanted to downgrade all they would have to do was click on a lower level and they would be billed for that lower level accordingly

There is no place in the documentation it states "No downgrade possible"

This is true sir but no where in my televisions manual does it say it will not fly me to the US :smiley: so unless it states that it will I will accept that it will not without it not saying that it will not.

Can I only downgrade users manually?

I imagine that this may be possible, have you tried it yet?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.