Does SmartCrawl Replaces Yoast SEO?

Hello Team

Does this plugin replaces Yoast SEO plugin?

What’s unique about SmartCrawl that Yoast SEO doesn’t have? or vice versa?

Can they both co-exist?

Thanks so much!

William

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello William,

They cannot work together because they have many same functions and this can cause conflicts. When it comes to SEO functionalities SmartCrawl has the same as SEO by Yoast.

But SmartCrawl doesn’t have Breadcrumbs and social media integration – it also doesn’t do Page Analysis – so if you use that functionality very often they you might reconsider staying with Yoast.

When it comes to SEO functions (meta, sitemaps, mozrank) – yes, then SmartCrawl can replace SEO by Yoast.

And SmartCrawl have function “Automatic Keyword Linking” that Yoast doesn’t have – and this is worth trying. You can set keywords to link to internal or external content for building backlinks, sharing affiliate links or simply tying your content together.

kind regards,

Kasia

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi M.,

As long as you don’t turn on Automatic Links and Moz Report feature in Yoast (if Yoast has these features), then I believe, you will be fine to go. Just make sure that there is no feature which is enabled in both plugins. That will keep your site out of conflicts.

Please let us know if you have any further query. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

Rupok

• Ed
    • New Recruit

Hello everyone. I’m experimenting with Yoast and SmartCrawl – I thought SC just crawled; it seems that it writes too.

I’m getting reports that I have two sets of meta data. So I’m guessing that SC is writing too.

Please could someone confirm this – either way? Writing or not writing?

Cheers, Ed

• Patrick Freitas
    • Staff

Hi Ed

How are you today?

Both plugins will write the meta, could replicate this on my end.

I suggest you keep only one function per plugin, I mean for example disable this function on one plugin keeping only on the one that you want to write the meta to avoid conflicts.

You can disable modules on SmartCrawl > Settings, for Yoast didn’t find nice options on plugin dashboard, but seems can be done using custom code

Reference on

https://solvemethod.com/remove-yoast-seo-meta-tags/

Best Regards,

Patrick Freitas

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.