Does snapshot work with multi-DB multisite installation?

@vladislav

@paul

Does snapshot work with multi-DB multisite installation?

Which plugins (either by wpmudev or others) will need to be installed in a special way, if any, when using MS with Multi-DB?

Request you to make provision to save the backups using google drive

Will snapshot save (files and tables) all the sites (child sites and main site) in the network?

Will it save SETTINGS of plugins and themes for each of the sites (child sites and main site) in the network, including those for the network admin dashboard?

• aristath
    • Recruit

@aam

1. Does snapshot work with multi-DB multisite installation?

I haven’t tried this, but I believe it does.

2. Which plugins (either by wpmudev or others) will need to be installed in a special way, if any, when using MS with Multi-DB?

Nothing special should be done.

3. Request you to make provision to save the backups using google drive

You can make such requests on this thread: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/was-wondering-if-snapshot-can-backup-from-one-server-and-then-be-restored-on-another-server

4. Will snapshot save (files and tables) all the sites (child sites and main site) in the network?

If you setup to backup all tables from the database then yes, all tables from all sites will be copied.

5. Will it save SETTINGS of plugins and themes for each of the sites (child sites and main site) in the network, including those for the network admin dashboard?

Yes, it will. These settings are all stored in the database, so by backing up the database ou backup the settings as well.

As a sidenote, please in the future avoid tagging plugin developers on threads. They have a lot of responsibilities developing plugins, that’s why the support staff exists. :slight_smile:

I hope that helps!

Cheers,

Ari.

• aam
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

#3, 4, and 5

Thanks for your responses and suggestions @aristath – I hope tagging support staff who responded is fine.

OK..I will try on my site

I had come across wpmudev plugin that required some special attention while installing on MS with Multi-DB, hence I asked that question.- I am not recollecting which one now.

>please in the future avoid tagging plugin developers on threads. They have a lot of responsibilities developing plugins, that’s why the support staff exists. :slight_smile:

sure!

• wp.network
    • The Bug Hunter

Just a note @aristath

I followed your link above, and read the whole post carefully.

I’m looking to abandon BackupBuddy in general, and must if I consider Multi-DB.

The thread you linked to only mentions Multi-DB near the top, and only to confirm that BackupBuddy has major issues with it.

The thread was a great read, but future users looking for Multi-DB info will not find it there.

Regards,

Max

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.