Does the cloner plugin only work on multisites?

Hi. I installed Cloner on a non Multisite install of wordpress. However, I can't seem to see it anywhere in the wordpress admin menu. Is this plugin only meant to be used on Multisites?

Thanks.

• Sondeep

Thanks for your quick response Kasia. I wanted to work on a new version of one of my sites. I ended up using the WP Clone plugin which worked quite well.

I do have a related question. Most of the sites I build are just single sites in a single language. (In the past I have mainly used multisite for multi-lingual sites)

Is there any benefit to using Multi-site if I just have a single site on a domain? I do occasionally rebuild or duplicate wordpress sites by creating a cloned version of the site and using it as a development environment.

I'm just wondering if I can use Multi-site to create a development version of a site?

• Kasia Swiderska

Hi Sondeep,

Is there any benefit to using Multi-site if I just have a single site on a domain?

Personally I don't use that configuration, but I know developers that will opt strongly for Multisite. I think using Multisite for developing sites/plugins/themes have one benefit over single instance. You get new site just by "one click". So you don't install new WordPress for developing, you just create new site in network.
    I don't know if this helps - if you change your website like 4 times in month, then Multisite would save you some time, but if you do that twice a year... :slight_smile:

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.