Does the iDEAL module of MarketPress actually work?

I’m browsing the code of the iDEAL (dutch payment system) module for MarketPress, which is called a ‘beta’ version, but looking at the code it can’t work at all: In the confirm_payment_form() function the value of ‘order_id’ is assigned to variables, but $order_id is never assigned to any variable and since iDEAL is supposed to ‘call back’ a script, but no ‘ipn-ish’ script is called, the payment according to me also is never registered… To my simply understanding this is not ‘beta’ but very ‘pre-alpha’…

I’m working on an iDEAL module myself, but ‘Buckaroo’ based… if anybody is interested in testing it in the next few weeks, I would be most obliged… but you’re supposed to have a buckaroo-ideal account, with others it won’t work…

And when it’s stable… yes, I’m willing to donate it, if the MP guys are interested.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings wordxpression,

Thank you for that great feedback.

I have no idea if it really works or not though you give sound reasons why it probably does not.

I know the lead developer of Market Press was having some difficulty trying to develop it and if I remember correctly it had to do with translation issues. However, I am not positive that is still the case but probably is.

He is also on vacation until the 10th of July and after being gone a month I am sure there are a mountain of things for him to catch up on including working on this gateway to hopefully someday bring it out of beta and into production.

Are you possibly volunteering some assistance with this since you obviously have some coding skills?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• wordxpression
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Well, I have no experience nor do I have test accounts with the iDEAL providers this plugin seems to be developed for… but I do have experience with Buckaroo, an ‘all round’ payment provider also offering iDEAL and I’m already creating a gateway it… and when it’s ready and stable, I’ll gladly donate it to the MarketPress project…

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings wordxpression,

Thank you very much for that, it is greatly appreciated I am sure and will be equally or more appreciated by members who can take advantage of it.

Please keep me posted.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.