does this have a way to allow questioners to only see their questions/answers?

In the screenshots, I don’t see checkoff that would make it so that people can only see their own questions and answers…so this could function as a private/one-to-one ticket system. Does it support that? If not, can it be made to do so please?

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi Freelancelance

Thank you for posting to the Community and your interest in the Q&A Plugin.

Currently it doesn’t allow for a one-to-one ticket system/ private posting. I will therefore move your request to the Features and Feedback Community Board and will let the Developer know about this feature request. We generally look at the % of interest from other users as well and then put it on the list of future improvements for the plugin, so I can’t guarantee that this will be added.

I do agree that this could be a great feature and will give it my personal +1.

All the best Freelancelance and if you need any further assistance, please don’t hesitate to be in touch.

Gina

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi freelancelance,

This is not in the scope of Q&A and will never be.

The purpose of Q&A is sharing questions and answers publicly.

As question and answer authors are WordPress authors you can use any other WordPress PM systems available, of course.

Cheers,

Hakan

• freelancelance
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanks for the answer Hakan–dream-killing though it may be. :wink:

By “PM systems” do you mean private messaging systems? I don’t see how that would relate to a support ticket process at all. Maybe PM means something else I’m not aware of.

Anyway, please consider this a request for a support ticket plugin, since you’re apparently set against adding that feature to Q&A. Thanks!

BTW, when I first started posting questions to support via the WPMU-DEV Dashboard, I had thought that they *were* being posted as private support tickets. I had no idea they were public until I saw that one was getting public responses. Maybe I missed where that was made clear…I don’t know. Just some feedback/food for thought.

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi freelancelance,

Yes, PM is private messaging.

And no, messages here are not private. As you see the title is “Community” (it was “Forum” before). The idea is, not only staff is supposed to write. In fact, in some cases some users can be more experienced than us :slight_smile:

But we, staff, follow each topic as a ticket.

Cheers,

Hakan

• freelancelance

Hakan,

There is no such "Community" heading when posting a support ticket in the WPMU-DEV Dashboard plugin, which is what I was talking about. See the attached screenshot—I don't see any indicator there that it's a public forum rather than a support ticket system. Am I missing it?

GinaB,

You actually can be of more assistance…by letting me know when you'll be coming out with the support ticket plugin I requested, since you guys seem to be inflexible about adding a couple extra check-off boxes and adapting Q&A to be one. That would get me sorted in some way or another just fine. Thanks, and I wish you all the best with that project. :slight_smile:

• freelancelance

Oh and also Hakan,

I still don’t understand why PM systems would enter into this discussion…I’ve been asking about a support ticket system. I don’t know of a single PM system that has any sort of support ticket functionality built into it. Do you? To be fair, I don’t know a lot of WP PM systems, but private messaging in my experience has no ticket functionality. It’s basically just messaging. How would one mark a ticket as resolved in PM, for example? Or start a ticket for that matter? Or start a separate ticket from one that is already open? etc.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.