Does updating Snapshot require replacing existing with latest via ftp?

There doesn't appear to be a direct way of updating snapshot other than replacing the contents of the snapshot plugin dir... Would this be the proper way to update the plugin.

Thanks!

-A

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings ampwerx,

Thank you for this great question and a significant item to bring up.

It will not update while logged into the admin dashboard and going to --> Plugins --> Installed Plugin --> Snapshot --> automatically update?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@ampwerx, not sure on what you are asking. The Spapshot plugin follows the same update notification as all our other WPMU DEV plugins. I just ran a test on my local development system and reverted to snapshot 2.0.1 When I go to WPMU DEV > Updates I see the update notification. See first image.

Also, when I go to the WordPress plugins listing I also see the notification. See second image.

now I will admit there might be a disconnect. Prior to our new WPMU DEV Update system all our plugins used a different trigger to notify the site admin updates were available. So if you are on an old version of Snapshot you might not see notifications from the new update system.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.