Does WPMU has a Job Posting Area?

I am getting into some things that I am not confortable with but would be easy for someone with some experience. Is there a job posting area where I can post the details of what I need?

Cheers
Stacey

• Tyler Postle

Hey Stacey,

Hope you're doing well today!

We sure do :slight_smile: you can post jobs here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Then other talented members of the community can contact you or you can contact them directly.

What sort of things are you running into? We're more than happy to help too, and worst comes to worst if it's outside of the scope for our support then you can post it on the jobs board :slight_smile:

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Stacey

Hi Tyler,

One of the issues that I am having is that although I get very quick responses to my questions if I have a follow up question to the reply I often do not get a reply. Then I start a new question and seem to get a different "point of view".

This is what I want to do at a highlevel:
    I am trying to make a copy of a live site using SNAPSHOT and have that copy installed on my localhost for total rework (with having to FTP which I am clueless about - but if that is the only way I would pay someone to do this for me)

Then I want to have reworked site migrated to make it the existing live site (when the rework is completed).

I am trying to do this without having to FTP which I am clueless about - but if that is the only way I would pay someone to do this for me (perhaps using Teamviewer)

Issues:
    I don't know if I am making a proper copy of the site using Snapshot

Can I have a copy sent to Dropbox then copy and paste to my localhost? If so what are the correct settings - because I tried making a Snapshot and have it send to Dropbox but it the file is not in my Dropbox

• aristath

Hello there Stacey, I hope you're well today!

You could do all those things with Snapshot...
    However, I have a different proposal.
    You could simply have your site on a managed WordPress host like WPEngine which has a "staging" area.
    With the click of a button, you can copy your site to that "staging" area, access it from a different URL, rework it and do anything you want to change, and then with the click of a button have your staging area migrated back to the live site.
    It's as simple as it can get... And if you can't use FTP and other tools like that, it would probably be the easiest & wisest way to go.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.