Doesnt show up

I installed the post voting plugin and when I hit the thumbs up, it just keeps spinning.. have to hard refresh the page to show the vote..

Also is there a way to show a leader board on my home page of which post have the most votes... I set this up so people can upload photos of there yard then have other vote on it for yard of the month...

1 other thing, is there a page that I am missing that shows which post has the most votes?

I also noticed that the voting only shows on the main blog page and not the category... I would like the voting to show on the category so it would be easier to send friends back to vote by giving them the category link for instance April yard of the month category but the voting does not show on the post once you click on the category the post belongs to.??

Thanks Scott

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Scott,

Not sure what's happening with the voting there, sounds like a javascript conflict perhaps. Are you using the very latest version 2.1.6 of the plugin? Also, are you on the latest version of WordPress?

Could you try checking for a theme or plugin conflict if so?

There's not a page specifically that has the popular posts, but the Top voted Posts widget (also the Top voted Posts on Network) widgets let you display those.

As for displaying the voting options elsewhere, including in your category listings, the plugin provides some template functions like wdpv_vote(), which you can include in your theme's category template, likely category.php.

-David

• scott74
    • The Crimson Coder

Hey dave , i added the wdpv_vote to the archive template but voting still does not show on the category page... Is there some brackets or somehwere specific I have to add that?

Update... got it <?php wdpv_vote(); ?> but its showing way bottom left... need to find where to put it so right above post or is there extra code to define that? I need this voting button to show on each post that will be in the same category...

Can you help me accomplish this? here is the archive page coding

http://pastebin.com/9zmjtBP0

One other thing... How do you clear votes??

Thanks Scott

• scott74
    • The Crimson Coder

Update... Got this working Dave... got ahold of theme dev... . said the archive page has no loop so added that in the blog page which made it also show in the archive/ categorie page..

I would also only like this to show on a specific category because I will be showing the leading vote getters on another page and dont want post that are not relevant that get votes showing up..

Is there a way to make the voting category specific ..? would be geat if there were check boxes in plugin settings to select the categories that you wanted the voting to show up in...

And also still need to figure out how to erase votes as I am doing testing and delted post but they are still showing up a leaders for votes?

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi scott74,

I'm afraid the only way to erase votes is to go into the database to make that adjustment. We can take a look at that and your other category specific voting request (great ideas for the plugin, I think), through a suggestion thread if you'd like to go ahead and post that.

Other than that though, category specific voting can be achieved by creating a category-ID.php or category-SLUG.php file for those specific categories, as detailed at the codex:
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Hierarchy

-David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.