Dollar amounts and currency not transferring to PayPal checkout

Hi folks,

I'm trying to get the Fundraising plugin to work as a stand in for a gift registry for my upcoming wedding. Here you an see the page:

http://runofftojointhecircus.com/donate/house-fund/

The problem I'm having is that when I test putting in a donation amount, that amount and my preference for Canadian dollars does not get brought forward to PayPal when the Donate Now button is pressed.

Any clue why this is?

Thanks,
Rick

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Rick,

This issue which is a confirmed bug that I hope the developer has fixed in the next release.

However, I have a solution for you to hack in that should fix this right up for you:

The mistake in the code is in the paypay-standard.php file located in the wp-content/plugins/fundraising/gateways folder line 87 where the code should be:

$this->add_query('&currency_code', $this->settings['currency']);

This fixed it right up for me when testing on my production server. In addition, it would be my contention that this same problem exists for the return URL line on line 91 it should be:

$this->add_query('&notify_url', admin_url('admin-ajax.php?action=wdf_process_ipn'));

Please advise that this works correctly for you with this change.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Rick,

Have you tested this in live mode by any chance?

I have had no problem getting to PayPal in live mode, sometimes sadnbox does not work as it should, unfortunately for me it usually never works right .... lol

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Rick,

Thank you for your feedback it is greatly appreciated.

I'm not feeling like there is much support for this plug-in.

Please clarify, I do not understand what you mean by this.

However, to the task at hand.

This fixed it right up for me when testing on my production server. In addition, it would be my contention that this same problem exists for the return URL line on line 91 it should be:

On my previous post it appears that the code section broke this into two separate lines and it should in fact be just one:

$this->add_query('&notify_url', admin_url('admin-ajax.php?action=wdf_process_ipn'));

Please check that the above line is the same but one solid line.

I do confirm that when I visited your site and I choose to donate $5 Canadian that I get to PayPal and it is zero CAD.

I also confirm that it has worked for us from the beginning and that the changes we made above were strictly made for the facilitating of currencies other then US - I have set it for CAD for you to see for yourself.
    http://test.easystartdiywebsitedesign.com/fundraisers/give-money/

I do want to help you resolve this Rick.

Please advise after checking the code above that it is one solid line.

Cheers, Joe

• RickMacMerc
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I figured the two lines of code were supposed to be one once I opened up the PHP for editing. I entered it fine.

I don't know why it works for you and not for me. It's pretty discouraging for me to see my profile page here and note that almost every plug-in listed as downloaded under "Your Recent Activity" also has a corresponding support request under "Your Forum Activity."

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Rick,

Thank you for the feedback and I agree with your vision of the tickets.

Would you believe that before I was staff here that I was with WPMU Dev for a year and submitted less then ten tickets and I built two complete working networks?

Absolute truth.

However, back to the issues. With the information that you have given me just now about the amount of issues, it would appear that you may be running one of the following themes by some chance?
    Genesis, Thesis, Salutations, or a Theme Forest theme?

Concerning the Fundraising plugin in which I do not believe for a second that this is theme related, this is a bizarre incident and as far as I know exclusive to your install for whatever reason. I have covered and seen the currency issue before and a formatting issue with a member wanting to change the styles, but not this one.

Any chance you have added a reward to these?

Did you FTP the files up in Binary mode by any chance?

You may want to try either re-uploading the plugin via FTP.

I agree so far this issue is truly bizarre.

One thing that came across my mind for this issue was the amount of levels you have, so I created more levels equaling yours and still came up with the same thing - it works fine.

If we have no luck figuring this out on this shot I am going to prepare to alert the lead developer even though I cannot reproduce the issue to see what he may have in mind that this could possibly be.

Please advise on the above questions and please either re-FTP up the files or do a size comparison to make sure that we do not have a file corruption somewhere.

Cheers, Joe

• RickMacMerc

I uploaded the plugin from the zip from within Wordpress. I've never added a reward to the donation levels.

And my theme is from Elegant Themes but they are probably akin to Theme Forest.

Ok. Re-uploaded and re-edited those lines of code you specified previously. Should it be ASCII or Binary? You only asked if I uploaded in Binary, you didn't tell me if that was the solution or the problem. Anyway… I made sure the FTP was set to binary this time …still no good.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Rick,

I sincerely do not think it is you, not for a second.

But there is some kind of anomaly going on here that has so far escaped our detection and though it is frustrating whatever it may be, it is intriguing at the same time.

Hope to find the cure soon and look forward to our developers input.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Rick,

I am looking forward to the next release of this plugin in the very near future.

However, after reviewing this ticket I see that I missed a question of yours regarding the mode of uploading FTP and I would choose binary in this case.

I have also seen that we have not tried the Twenty Eleven test to see if this anomaly persists there?

And last bit not least, if the theme makes no difference is there a chance that you have followed standard trouble shooting protocol to see if there is a plugin conflict by deactivating all plugins except those relative to running the site i.e. Multi DB or Domain Mapping for example, and see if the error persists?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• RickMacMerc

Ok, switched to Twenty Eleven; still doesn't carry dollar values forward to PayPal.

Deactivated all plug-ins except Fundraising; still doesn't carry dollar values forward to PayPal.

Not using Multi DB or Domain Mapping as it's not a multiuser site.

• RickMacMerc

It turned into a horribly convoluted procedure to get what I had on my site previously.

I now have no I idea how to just have what had before the upgrade… only functioning properly.

This might function, as far as doing what the developer intended, but now I have to figure out where and how to enable PayPal Instant Payment Notifications and create an API signature to get my credentials. What the Hell?! It was good before, I just needed a few wrinkles ironed out. This is a completely different plugin offering features I didn't need, hiding features I was using and requiring information and hoop-jumping I'm not experienced with.

• Cole
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Really sorry about that Rick, juggling a lot of different feature requests and tried to strike a decent balance between the simplicity of the old version and the complexity required for some of the advanced features.

Were the levels and rewards one of the features you were expecting to stay for simple paypal donations? The API credentials are only required for advanced payments. I'm seeing some similar responses to this.

In the previous version if the user doesn't click the return button on paypal the donation never gets logged in the plugin. This wasn't by design, its a paypal issue for this type of payment through their system. The IPN notifications are an unfortunate process which is why I attempted the previous system. Making sure all the payments are logged properly had to take precedence.

Look forward to hearing further feedback.

• RickMacMerc

Ok, I know what you mean about juggling feature requests and I realize that I'm not the only one using this plug-in. I don't code but I have been involved with an iPhone app that was constantly getting feature requests and demands of this and that. So I understand the pressure.

The complaint I have stems more from my expectation of updates and that is that, yes, updates will add new features, fix bugs and streamline performance, but they should not "do harm" to those who are already using the software. Ideally, a user should be able to update their software and continue along as if they hadn't if they wish. In this case I lost what I had. I really wish I had known it was going to be such a drastic change from the initial release.

To answer your question, yes, I was using levels but not rewards.

Let me know if there are any other questions I can answer to help with the next release.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings RickMacMerc,

It appears this particular topic is now resolved/closed, if you need any further assistance please let us know.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• Cole

Rick,

A quick note though, after extensive feedback about this we decided to revert back to allowing these for simple donations.

Your feedback along with others was helpful in making this decision. The 2.0-RC-3 version is available on the fundraising plugin page. I hope that it will still facilitate your project again.

Thanks again for the feedback. Feel free to open up a new thread if you have any other questions for concerns.

Cole

• webpresencenetwork
    • Flash Drive

I'm having an issue with getting Canadian currency to work. Whenever I first installed the current version of the plugin and had set on Simple Donations, everything worked except it was in US dollars (I need in Canadian currency). So I made the changes in line 87 of lib/gateway/paypal.php from having "amp;" after the "&" to:
    $nvp .= '&currency_code='.$settings['currency'];

Now, the PayPal payment works in Canadian currency, but the payments are not tracked by the plugin. On the "Thank You" message, the user sees that they pledged $0.00, and the progress bar doesn't move, and it is not tracked in the backend. However the payment actually does go through.

The "Currency Settings" for the plugin are set for Canadian currency. Anything else I should check? I'm stumped!

• Cole

@webpresencenetwork - Nice find! Thanks for posting here made it real easy to work out the fix.

I will be uploading a new fundraising version with these changes today. If you would like try the updated paypal gateway file for this fix before I can put it in with the rest of my changes you can send an email to cole@incsub.com

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.