Domain DNS settings for Domain Mapping plugin on Multisite

I'm having troubles getting the Domain Mapping plugin to work.
I have installed and configured the plugin.
I have given the site a unique IP address on my VPS. (Did I need to do that?)
I have set the nameservers to resolve to the VPS
(ns1.VPS.com, ns2.VPS.com)
I set the IP address in the A record to the new IP address I assigned the site.
It's been more than 72 hours since I changed the DNS... still not seeing anything.

I have enabled support access on the site in case the issue is there... however I'm pretty sure the issue is on the domain name side. I've got a screenshot of the domain manager DNS settings page if that would help.

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello divva
    I hope you are doing well today!

I have given the site a unique IP address on my VPS. (Did I need to do that?)

Yes, it is important to place the dedicative IP inside the plugin's settings.

I see nothing wrong in your Domain Mapping settings. Please let me know what is the domain name you wish to map and to what subsite?
    Do you see any errors when you try to map a domain name?

If you don't want to share this information here, please update the information inside the WPMU DEV > Support > SUPPORT ACCESS section.

Please advise,

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi divva,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am getting the DSN not resolved error while accessing the domain you are trying to map (see screenshot). Its because you have not or misconfigured the domain on your server. You have to configure A record pointing to the same directory where you have installed WordPress Multisite.

If you are not sure how to configure the domain then please contact your hosting provider to configure this up. Its a 5 minutes job for them.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• divva
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Bump - I have changed the DNS settings - (removed the A record) and now the domain name is resolving to the site.

The plugin still isn't showing any mapped domain names.

My hosting provider doesn't support your plugin. Please help me with this.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.