Domain Mapped child blog posts and comments don't show up in BuddyPress activity stream

I'm running BuddyPress 1.6 (and using Ron's BuddyPress Multi Network Plugin and Networks for WordPress to create separate BuddyPress networks on the same install.)

When I post a comment or new post on a child blog (child.example.com), the action shows up correctly in the activity stream (example.com). If I map a domain on this child blog (child.com), new posts and comments no longer get tracked in the activity stream.

Can someone confirm that domain mapped child blog posts and comments get captured in the BuddyPress activity stream? Thanks!

• Kimberly

Hey there CB!

I was looking around for some info on this one and found a similar problem that was solved via these instructions:

1) check that you have deleted the line define ('WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE',true) when you did your original multisite set up. Correcting this didn't solve the problem but I'm sure it was a contributory factor.

2) Install the multiple domains plugging even if your not planning to use multiple domains.

Can you see if this helps?

Best,

Kimberly

• CB

Hi Kimberly,

Thanks for your suggestion. I think it's a step in the right direction, but I'm not quite there yet.

1. I deleted ('WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE',true)
    2. I installed your multiple domain mu plugin and left it with the default settings. (Under the Multi-Domains menu, there's an entry called "DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE")

On my development box (WAMP Server 2.2) the multi-domain sunrise throws the following error but it seems to solve the problem. Posting on a child blog (child.separatenetwork.com) that has a mapped domain (child.com) is captured in the buddypress activity stream (separatenetwork.com) - (I didn't get any php errors with the domain mapping version of sunrise)

( ! ) Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in \wp-content\sunrise.php on line 51
    Call Stack
    #	Time	Memory	Function	Location
    1	0.0007	676296	{main}( )	..\index.php:0
    2	0.0008	681240	require( '\wp-blog-header.php' )	..\index.php:17
    3	0.0011	706368	require_once( '\wp-load.php' )	..\wp-blog-header.php:12
    4	0.0015	733768	require_once( '\wp-config.php' )	..\wp-load.php:29
    5	0.0021	864648	require_once( '\wp-settings.php' )	..\wp-config.php:170
    6	0.0419	6410536	require( '\wp-includes\ms-settings.php' )	..\wp-settings.php:91
    7	0.0432	6623104	include_once( '\wp-content\sunrise.php' )	..\ms-settings.php:18

When I upload the changes to my live server, buddypress seems to work fine on the main blog (example.com) but status updates from the separate network (separatenetwork.com) are missing. (I'm using Ron's BuddyPress multi network plugin to separate my buddypress networks - http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/bp-multi-network/ and BP_ENABLE_MULTIBLOG is not defined.)

Posting on the exact same child blog from my development box (child.separatenetwork.com) that has a mapped domain (child.com) is NOT captured in the buddypress activity stream (separatenetwork.com)

I'm using the exact same domain name on my development box and the live site and modifying my hosts to point to my development box using http://code.google.com/p/fire-hostadmin/

1. Any insight into what's throwing the error from sunrise?
    2. Any suggestions on how to get things working on my live site?

Thanks for all of your help. I appreciate it.

• CB

Hi Kimberly, never mind. I'm embarassed to say I had a filter on my live site that was hiding the updates. Things look fine - It looks like installing the multi domains plugin (https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/multi-domains/) means buddypress child sites with mapped domains posts and comments are now captured correctly in the buddypress activity stream on my private network.

Two questions:

1. What's the difference between the two versions of sunrise? (Domain Mapping sunrise vs the Domain-Mapping version of the Multi Domains sunrise since there are two in there?) I'd prefer not to install multi domains, but I would like things to work. Can I just continue to use the multi domains sunrise and delete the rest of the plugin?

2. Any ideas why I'm getting the ( ! ) Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in \wp-content\sunrise.php on line 51 error with the dm_sunrise version?

Thanks for all of your help with this!