Domain Mapping

Hi, Many of us and my clients register our domains at GoDaddy.com but host our content with other providers or just keep a domain without any hosting.

I have tried changing the Nameserver at Godaddy for my domain to ns1.tmdhosting610.com and ns2.tmdhosting610.com but do not have access to DNS because I do not have my hosting with GoDaddy.

Can someone give me a SIMPLE step by step guide as to how I can Map my GoDaddy registered domain.com to my WPMU client site eg: http://myWPMUdomain.com/clientsite

I may not have explained myself clearly but I hope this all makes sense to someone!

thanks

Shaun

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Shaun,

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble changing your name servers from Go Daddy to your own but this should not be a problem even if you do not have hosting with them at all.

I personally have many domains registered with them and have no issues changing the name servers to my own.

So something must be wrong with either the name server configuration itself or you are making the wrong choice in Go Daddy which I highly doubt and is unlikely.

What is the error or symptoms you get when you try to change the name servers to your own?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.